This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:06 AM

Nawlins60_Bird is on a distinguished road
Default A bit of my Tbird's history

Yesterday, while on the road, I decided that I should call the last titled owners of my car. After all, the title was issued in Florida in 1978 and finally signed over to someone else in 2004, so I figured they would have some history. Turns out that the gentleman that owned the car was in the Army and took the car with he and his wife while stationed in Germany. Mr. Taylor told me about how much he and his wife loved the car and drove it all throughout Germany and France during his tour. He also told me that his wife actually purchased the car from her step-father in the late 60's/early 70's, and that the step-father bought the car used, not even 2 miles from my father's current house in Baton Rouge, La.

It was very touching for me to hear the excitement in the voice of a man in his 80's when I told him that the car was all complete and original when I got her, and of my plans to bring her back to her former glory. Even better was that he had his assistant email some photos that he still had from 1974 (I was 1!!!). I plan to keep Mr. Taylor informed of my progress, just as he asked me to, right after he thanked me for caring for HIS car as much as he did.

Daniel Reed
TBird Registry #34037
Old 08-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road

Hey Daniel! That is a great story! I am sure he was glad to hear from you, and that his old Tbird was still going strong and still original. I am also sure you will enjoy the pictures he sends you and staying in touch with him. Nice story!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 08-10-2010, 04:14 AM

Anders is on a distinguished road

GREAT story!
I hope you like to chare the pictures with us as well
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 08-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

No kidding!! I love these types of stories Daniel, good job.

-Jon in TX.

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:27 PM

Here are the pictures I was sent...notice the plate in the pic is 74-75
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tbird_frnt.jpg (394.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg tbird_rear.jpg (423.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg tbird_full.jpg (473.4 KB, 21 views)

Daniel Reed
TBird Registry #34037
Old 08-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

That is TOO COOL!!!

Thanks for sharing these pics with us.

-Jon in TX.

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing the pix, Daniel! What color is or was the car when he owned it? I gather it is the same now as it was back then. Like others, I love these kinds of stories!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 08-11-2010, 09:26 PM

The car is the same color today as it was in those pictures. He said that he had the car painted a "Gold Buff" and that it was originally white...which goes against the data plate and ROT sheet color code of H...Beechwood Brown. Physical evidence is against that as well, because when I removed the buckets and rear seats, some very nice original paint (Beechwood Brown) was revealed. I showed my wife the pictures of Goldbird from the recent Dearborn trip, and since she likes that color so much...I will gladly be going back to original.

Daniel Reed
TBird Registry #34037