This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Super-Experienced

GTE427 is on a distinguished road

Carl,
Thanks for the additional info and I'll second it for the two jacks I have. 33.5"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jack5.jpg (36.1 KB, 111 views)
Old 07-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Amateur Knuckle Buster

del is on a distinguished road

My ratchet is something that doesn't match either of the 2 specimens previously shown...Althought it IS 1 1/2" wide it has no tab, and has some other differences in that area.

My stalk is 36", not 33 1/2" (...he said with a slight swagger...) so this must probably belong with the ratchet and some other vehicle.

The stampings on the base match up, and the hook appears correct, so that's good.

Here are some more pics...I hope...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jack close 2.JPG (38.7 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg Jack close 01.jpg (45.6 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg Hook 1.JPG (37.9 KB, 106 views)
1960 HT 352
TBird Registry 34042
Old 07-13-2010, 08:30 AM
Super-Experienced

GTE427 is on a distinguished road

Del,
I can see what I posted may be mis-leading, allow me to clarify. I measured the hook widths at 1.5" & 2", then referred to the ratchets by the same width, once mentioning this to be approx. The ratchets have to be narrower to allow the hooks fit over. You've measured yours and it's smaller by a half inch, leading me to believe I should have annotated the picture with 1.5" and 1" if I had measured them and not the hooks.

What I was trying to illustrate in the captioned pictures is how the ratchet narrows or tapers down on the hook side of the stalk for the Squarebird. Looking at yours, its the same width on either side of the stalk, this won't permit the Squarebird hook to attach as you know. Excuse any confusion, should have measured all pieces before posting, thanks for pointing this out. can't edit the other post, see revised images attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jack2a.jpg (36.6 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg jack3a.jpg (33.7 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by GTE427 : 07-13-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Amateur Knuckle Buster

del is on a distinguished road

Hi Ken - Thanks, I read you. Maybe my mechanism is some variation of the Ford -type you pictured. del
1960 HT 352
TBird Registry 34042