This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

Bitchin'!

I too can't wait to see her all finished!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:37 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default "Tweety Bird" Revealed!!

Thanks, Guys! In a few more days, they will be putting the chrome back on and the interior back in. Ronald, if you were to paint your Tbird red and black, red where mine is yellow, and black where mine is white, I think that would look pretty sharp! If you were to put the external chrome kit on her, wowww! She would look really cool! I photo shopped a Tbird for you and sent it to you in email. I am not very good at photo shopping, but you can get the idea.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 06-07-2010, 05:04 AM
Experienced

kuusamon is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ray for you mail with the coloring idea. Very nice!
I also like the new nick name you gave your bird 'Tweety Bird'.

greets,
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=1741
Old 06-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Appears they did a really clean job on the bodywork - can't see any evidence of a truck stuck in the beak (maybe it's a hawk instead of a Tweety Bird trying to eat that truck bumper?).

With all that newly re-chromed trim and bumpers that's going to be one fine show car. Bet you are ready to get her finished.

Eric
Old 06-07-2010, 01:43 PM

Hi Eric & Ron, Yes, I will be glad to see what she looks like finished. There is a park not far from JD's shop. When she is ready to go, I am going to drive around the corner, pull into the park, put her on top of a little rise and do some picture taking with the woods behind her. I really want to find a nice water fountain that I can shoot her in front of also. She should be styling with the best when she is done. It is a shame that she had someone stick her beak in the rear end of a F-250. Had it not been for that, I would have made the VTCI Regional with no problems. And yes, it looks like they have done a fine job restoring the damage to her.

Ron, as for her new nickname, it was not me that gave it to her. The customers at Danny's upholstery shop would ask to see "Tweety Bird" when they came into his shop to do business with him. You could not miss her because she had her own bay for months as they worked on her. Also, the same thing happens at JD's Paint & Body. They want to see what "Tweety Bird" is looking like. So the name is gonna stick and I guess she will have two of them! I decided to put it on the display board that Anders is having made for me.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 06-07-2010, 07:03 PM

Today I went by to drop off my rims. They are about to paint my fender skirts and will paint the rims at the same time so they match my car. While I was there, I got to watch some of the post paint process of getting "orange peel" off the car, scrubbing and rubbing the paint. They had done a section of the hood that forms the air scoop part of it and were working on the sides when I got there. The hood area really shines up beautifully! Joe said they should finish this process today and start the buffing process tomorrow. On Wednesday, he wants me to bring back the bumpers so they can start putting them back on! Later in the week, I should be able to get Joseph over from Danny's interior shop to put the interior and trunk back together again... Here is a pic of the guy working on the car. There is a lot of manual labor intensive work with this process from what I saw. I will put a few more pix up on my web page.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PostPaintProcess1.jpg (50.4 KB, 46 views)

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 06-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Ray,
Tell them to hurry!!! Just kidding, can't rush a good thing. I'm chomping at the bit to she her finished!
As far as VTCI Regional, the H@LL with them, they need to realize she is 51 years old! Show me one that old that has not had a ding in her!
I'm 47 and I have several dings in me
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 06-07-2010, 07:59 PM

Hi Richard, we are almost there. Maybe by Friday or Monday or so, I might be able to drive her out of there. I am going to miss the Regional it looks like, through no fault of theirs. It was me that wanted to have her ready to drive her to Ft. Worth and enter her in her first ever Concours judging event. She would be entered in the Customized category. For me, it would have been the first opportunity to show her off since her restoration. That will have to wait, as far as having her judged in a VTCI Regional, until next year. My local club, the So. Texas Tbird Club, is hosting the Regional event next year, in Fredricksburg, not to many miles up the road from me. I hope to take her to our local Friday night event at the Pig Stand downtown were all the local hot rodders and classic cars get together each week. That should be something to see, when I drive into the lot with Rose!

For those of you in Minnesota, you might know of the annual Turkey Fest competition and race that goes on every year between the Worthington, Minnesota turkey Paycheck and the Cuero, Texas turkey, Ruby Begonia. I have been asked to bring Rose to the parade in October, and have asked my club if they want to also make this parade. This is a fun filled event, an excuse to have a big party, between the two cities, that has been going on for years. My youngest son is on the Board and wants me to bring Rose. To find out more about it, here is the Cuero web page.

http://www.turkeyfest.org/

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 06-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Apprentice

Paulie9fingers is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Lookin' good Ray , you gonna do any kind of pin stripe where the colors come together ?

Dr Emmett Brown, 1985
Old 06-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Experienced

Gold Bird is on a distinguished road

Ray, Great job on the car, really like how the paint scheme is working. I thought the interior was awesome, but put that together with the paint now and all I can say is WOW! Enjoy it, fantastic job!
1960 Gold Bird, original owner since new. tbirdregistry #3158