This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road

Well, she turned out better than I thought she would Ray. I thought she would be fantastic, but simply stunning is a better description. Congratulations on a great job, may your enjoyment match your enthusiasm!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:40 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default "Tweety Bird" Revealed!!

Thanks for all the nice comments. Much appreciated. Yesterday, I spent 8 hours at Danny's as Joseph put my interior and trunk back together again. I had no idea it was going to take that long, but it did. It only took him about two hours to take it out. He did a masterful job, I think. While he was installing in areas I was not at, I was cleaning the interior of paint over spray and areas that people with dirty feet got my carpeting and paneling messed up. It looks like someone spilled coffee or glue down the drivers side of my center console in one area. I was not able to get it out with Fantastic spray or naptha. I will have to find something that will do it. I have no idea who did it, except I know it was not Danny's shop. She is complete, except for the door seals, which they will put in next week. We did not have enough time to get them in. She sure looks pretty, and I was getting honks and a lot of thumbs up by people going by me.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 07-07-2010, 06:54 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

footprints and coffee or glue? like who would be messing around inside that bright new clean interior

well, does it feel sticky? if not try a tiny bit of apple cider vinegar on a cloth or sponge, it is used with laundry to brighten whites/colors and to remove odors... if it is sticky, there is a nifty product called Awesome cleaner at our local Dollar General store, or (please ask Danny first) might try some nail polish remover....
Old 07-07-2010, 11:01 AM

Default "Tweety Bird" Revealed!!

Hi Cathie! It looks like glue. I have no idea which business did this. Either the auto repair shop or someone at the paint and body shop.I think I will see if Joe can get it out. Or try the things you suggested.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 07-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
Hi Cathie! It looks like glue. I have no idea which business did this. Either the auto repair shop or someone at the paint and body shop.I think I will see if Joe can get it out. Or try the things you suggested.
If it's paint you can try putting a rag dampened with brake-fluid on it, done it myself.

Brake fluid attacks paint but does not attack vynil, rubber etc.- just don't get it on any paint you want to keep!

(It MAY even work on glue but I haven't tried it on glue)
Old 07-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Experienced

vernz is on a distinguished road

Another thing to try is bug and tar remover for autos. Works great on pine tree sap which may be as tough as the stuff you have. I can't believe anyone would come near the beautiful interior you have with anything that had ANY chance of spilling.

Vern
Old 07-07-2010, 07:48 PM
John

JohnG is on a distinguished road

Remember that the paint job may well take a month or more to fully cure, no matter how it feels. Treat brake fluid like you would battery acid - with caution!
Old 07-15-2010, 05:17 PM

Default "Tweety Bird" Out Standing In Her Field

Here is the first of a number of pix of "Tweety Bird" taken today. I will post the rest later..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP3818.JPG (49.9 KB, 49 views)

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 07-15-2010, 05:37 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Looks realy cool Ray. Congrats to a great looking bird!
Very interesting how much the proportions is changes due to the white fin. Great job! Deserves every happy honk!

L O O O O V E the wheels!
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Last edited by Anders : 07-15-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

Burned my retinas!

Only one way to look at her anymore

thanks for turning them tires Ray, LOL