This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:40 AM
KULTULZ

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTE427 View Post

I've reviewed the pictures and cannot see a throttle cable linkage as mentioned. I see all the typical pieces, Firewall bellcrank, Manifold bellcrank, rod linkage between the two. T
...sheesh...

Now, you are correct. What I saw was the engine wiring harness.

I will be walking into walls next...

No mention of how he got those exhaust manifolds between the aprons and was he trying to pass it off as an OEM 352/360HP installation?
Old 05-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Super-Experienced

GTE427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
No mention of how he got those exhaust manifolds between the aprons and was he trying to pass it off as an OEM 352/360HP installation?
No, he's a dealer and doesn't seem knowledgeable about the 60's era Ford products or this car's past, but maintains the car is 100% original as shown. He was aware of the cast headers as he stated a close friend recognized them. In email, I informed him the engine may be a HP or Police engine, unique in itself, and offered to help decode the castings to determine what he has. There wasn't any reply and the classified retains the 430 engine reference in his description.

The ROT sheet doesn't indicate anything out of the ordinary, besides the an entry under REMARKS at the bottom, OVERDRIVE TRANSMISSION. He actually has two ROT sheets, ROT418 Thunderbird and ROT419 Lincoln Premiere Landau 4DR.

His business is 1.5 hours from my mother's in Florida, if I arrange a trip soon, I'll pay him a visit.

Last edited by GTE427 : 05-25-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:22 PM
KULTULZ

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTE427 View Post

No, he's a dealer and doesn't seem knowledgeable about the 60's era Ford products or this car's past, but maintains the car is 100% original as shown.

In email, I informed him the engine may be a HP or Police engine, unique in itself, and offered to help decode the castings to determine what he has. There wasn't any reply and the classified retains the 430 engine reference in his description.

The ROT sheet doesn't indicate anything out of the ordinary, besides the an entry under REMARKS at the bottom, OVERDRIVE TRANSMISSION. He actually has two ROT sheets, ROT418 Thunderbird and ROT419 Lincoln Premiere Landau 4DR.

His business is 1.5 hours from my mother's in Florida, if I arrange a trip soon, I'll pay him a visit.
Maybe the LINC sheet was thrown into the BIRD on the line? Is it (BIRD) a Y or J chassis?

Anything you are able to find would be most appreciated. Whoever did it seems to have done a nice job.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Super-Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
Is it (BIRD) a Y or J chassis?
It's a Y chassis, 0Y73Y157036, five character is the eng code. Also, COM was the only Transmission on the 430 CID. The 352 was equipped with a S/T, optional were the O/D and COM.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Experienced

Alan H. Tast, AIA is on a distinguished road

"...sheesh...Now, you are correct. What I saw was the engine wiring harness."

Guess I got fooled, too ! Unless you got a real clear picture of it the part that attaches the throttle bellcrank on the carb looked like the pressed-on end of a late '60s-early '70s throttle cable, and would have routed through the firewall roughly in the same area that the wiring harness was showing up. As usual, sometimes more info is needed - in this case it would have helped to know that the car had the OD setup.

How about posting the ROTs and window sticker so we can see how it was listed as being optioned? And what were the codes on the data plate?
Old 05-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Super-Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan H. Tast, AIA View Post
How about posting the ROTs and window sticker so we can see how it was listed as being optioned? And what were the codes on the data plate?

Will do, next week.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:49 PM

shelbygt is on a distinguished road
Default Factory header options

Mark, I just moved your post to the 1964-1966 Flairbirds Forum. So guys, please reply over there!

Last edited by YellowRose : 06-03-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Moved to appropriate Forum
Old 09-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Super-Experienced

Long overdue, but attached are the ROT and Window Sticker.

For Alan's attention: The window sticker doesn't show the Sunrays as an option, however using the OFS, pg G7-8, on the ROT sheet, Row 3, Field FS-WC, Code '1', would indicate this car was equipped with 'Full Wheel Covers w/Fender Skirts'. What do you make of this? By this time, had Sunrays become standard equipment?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 157036_ROT.pdf (62.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: pdf 157036_WIND_STICK.pdf (66.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 09-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Experienced

Alan H. Tast, AIA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
For Alan's attention: The window sticker doesn't show the Sunrays as an option, however using the OFS, pg G7-8, on the ROT sheet, Row 3, Field FS-WC, Code '1', would indicate this car was equipped with 'Full Wheel Covers w/Fender Skirts'. What do you make of this? By this time, had Sunrays become standard equipment?
Thanks for posting - great info! To clarify, full wheel covers were standard equipment for 1960 without the Sun Ray trim. The Sun Rays with the added trim and tri-color plastic center would have been called out on the window sticker since it was an added cost item. If your car has Sun Rays, it means that they've been added after delivery from the factory, either by the dealer (which probably would show up on the dealer's sales invoice/bill of sale) or someone else. After all, Sun Rays were a factory- and dealer-installed option.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Super-Experienced

Thanks for clearing up the terminology on Squarebird Wheel Covers. I've since revisited OFS sect 7.2.5 pg G2-35 that lists for 1960 the 10.5" hubcap as standard, full wheel cover B9A-1130-A as optional, sunray optional.

Looking at the ROT and Window Sticker it appeared the full wheel cover to be standard, prompting my previous question.

In summary, 1960, the full wheel cover was standard, sunray optional, 10.5 hubcap was not available. Do I have this correct?

The OFS also shows a Sun Dial wheel cover, C0AA-1130-D as listed for the 1960, but not used I gather. I have a 60 convert 1/24 scale promo with these wheel covers, this must be what your notes "early promo" meant. Once again, the level of detail and research in the OFS is incredible, I thanks all those involved with this specification.