This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Experienced

Gold Bird is on a distinguished road
Default Seats in, almost done!

Finished putting the seats in and trim in the back seat. Working on the door panels now. Seems like there is a little more gap or space with the back seat at the top but hopefully with some use and warmer weather it will fill in some? Really like the new covers, no more faded look!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04133.jpg (390.5 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04136.jpg (478.1 KB, 70 views)
1960 Gold Bird, original owner since new. tbirdregistry #3158
Old 05-12-2010, 05:30 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Looks fantastic!!! Beutiful car! Wish it was mine. My only question is why you didnīt go for the leather interior when you was at it, sort of.
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 05-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Experienced

Well, since my father bought the car new I really wanted to keep it original. Leather sure would have been nice though! Thanks for the nice words on the Bird
Old 05-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Tom,
Very, very nice! She's coming along!!!
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 05-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

The color of that car & new carpet is really RICH looking!! Your father must be very proud.

It seems you gave the correct name to your Bird, "Gold Bird".

-Jon in TX.

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Seats in, almost done!

Tom, she is looking gorgeous! Very nicely done! Yes, your Dad must be feeling really good about how she is looking! I am sure he is proud of what you have done to restore her. She will be styling again soon!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 05-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Experienced

Astrowing is on a distinguished road

How did you get the chrome on the glove compartment looking so good? The other chrome also? This car looks better than new! It is awesome!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

That's a great color both the car and interior. The trunk lid looks like a mirror finish - that's going to be a real winner - gosh!

Doesn't the top portion of the back seat hook at the top and bolt at the bottom? Maybe the hooks on the seat back were bent slightly in recovering or maybe you could hold the seat up when you bolted it down rather than letting it slide all the way down and rest on the bolts. Probably like you say though with a little use and sun the material will stretch and fill in...(and with a car like that I'll bet use and sun will not be a problem).

Can't wait to see the finished product - I'd be driving it without door panels. The three of us with or Dad's Tbirds here in the east (myself, Grant and you) need to find a meeting place somewhere in the middle one day and do a photo shoot (Lynchburg Va?)

Eric
registry 5347
Old 05-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Experienced

Thanks to all for help and input on the restoration work! I think the back seat problem might be caused by the new seat foam, its pretty firm right now and seems to be hitting in the top/center. We tried to really push, force it up there but thats all the farther it would go. It does hook at the top and bolt in the bottom. I really like the way it looks and Dad should be very happy as well. He will be here in about a month to check it out first hand!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Apprentice

Paulie9fingers is on a distinguished road

WOW, that looks great !!!!

Now I think mine looks like a turd .

Dr Emmett Brown, 1985