This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default YellowRose Front End Body Work

Hi Mike! Thanks for the information. I will check out the 6 blade fan and also the alternator. Does anyone know how many amps the AC compressor on our Squarebirds pulls? I need to see if that is in the shop manual. But if anyone knows, please let me know. Also, I have not been able to check the width, height and distance from the back of the radiator to the water pump and pulley yet. When I went by today to do that, they were smoothing out the rough spots on the front and sparks were flying everywhere. I understand that I am going to need to know how wide the core is, and the height of it also. Plus the distance everything is away from the back of the core, so that a fan motor will not run into anything on the block, should I decide to go electric. The reason I am thinking electric is the very reason you gave, Mike. I figure that once Rose is completed she will see a lot of low speed driving in parades in the future, dodging horse hocky from the mounted riders in front of us! I wonder why it is they often put us behind the horses in these parades?? Thanks!

In recent weeks, someone posted some pix of a Squarebird with an electric fan set up in it. I have spent some time trying to find those pix but to no avail. I did find the pix showing a partial view of one on that blue show car with the ropes around it and the white "clouds" on the floor. To bad they were not full pix. If anyone knows where those other pix are, please let me know.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 03-26-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:46 AM
Super-Experienced

gaffney1951 is on a distinguished road
Default Clutch fan ...

current draw should be in the 2-4 amp range. here is a site that may be helpful to you re cooling http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?fo...ction=category . I bought a new alum. double 1" core radiator made buy Northern for mine in a slightly larger than standard core size (wider) for $230. Will be making my own alum. shroud and using the fan and temp switch components from a late model Lincon junkyard donor. Mike
Old 03-27-2010, 01:54 AM

Hi Mike, Thanks for the information. I will look through that link. I gather the 2-4Amps was the rating for our AC compressors. I forgot to look for that when I had the shop manual out awhile ago. Thanks for the help! Good luck with your work. I might just replace my 5 blade fan with a 6 blade one and see how she handles the Texas heat this year, when I get into parades. I have not paraded her yet, so I do not know. If she does not handle that, then I might go the electric fan route.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 03-30-2010, 06:21 PM

Here is an update on the progress of fixing "Tweety Bird's" broken beak! We were able to get the hood open, get some measurements and found out the '95 Tbird fan and shroud is to deep to fit in my Squarebird, by about two inches or more. Even with the spacer off. So much for putting that unit on. I have bought a 6 bladed flex fan from Autozone and that will be going on. My 5 blade fan is shot! Here are some new pix.

http://thunderbirds.fortunecity.com/...EndRepairs.htm

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 04-07-2010, 04:15 AM

Here is the update on what was done on Tuesday. The re-cored radiator, 6 bladed fan, shroud and new lower hose is in. We turned the engine over and let her run for awhile. She seems to be okay. Here is what we did yesterday.

http://thunderbirds.fortunecity.com/My59TbirdFrontEndRepairs.htm

"It's Hip To Be Square"