This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:40 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default YellowRose Front End Body Work

A lot of progress was made yesterday and today on pulling out those caved in panels on Rose's front end. She is starting to look good again. Here is the link to the pictures I took of the initial damage and what they have accomplished so far.

http://thunderbirds.fortunecity.com/...EndRepairs.htm

Does anyone know what material the grill in the front bumper is made of? Is it pot metal? I have been thinking of having it chromed also if it can be. I think it would really improve the looks of the front end of Rose if it were also chromed. Is there any reason why it should not be?

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 03-24-2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:53 AM
Administrator

byersmtrco is on a distinguished road

Lookin good Ray.

You'll have her back all nice n' perrty (after her nose job is
complete)

I still think we need to throw the moron who did that a nice
blanket party.
Poss 3rd Gen T/B owner

Last edited by JohnG : 03-24-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road

It is certainly starting to take shape again Ray. Hope the rest of it goes as smoothly for you.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:12 AM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

Magic, Ray, it's coming together quite well, nice to see a bit of proper body-work and not just a 'slide-hammer and bondo' job.

One of my best buddys is a panel-beater (NZ name for it) and he is absolutely brilliant, I marvel at what he can do, it's a shame he now lives 450+ miles away instead of right here.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:52 AM
Super-Experienced

partsetal is on a distinguished road
Default Grille material

Ray,
The 59 Grille is made up of Anodized Aluminum. It is soft and can be polished to a high luster AFTER removing the anodizing (a simple electrolic process). It can be plated as well, but the detail work involved could turn out to be expensive.
Carl
Old 03-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Super-Experienced

bird 60 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Good to see the Facelift is coming along Ray.
Hope everything is complete for the June events.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Experienced

ncbird is on a distinguished road
Default grill

Ray, I am in the same quandry with the grill. I have buffed it and it looks real good but not great in my mind. I am considering having it reanodized. They can put a high gloss back on it that way. I have not pursued it any further. Grant
Old 03-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Experienced

Yellowbird is on a distinguished road
Default Don't forget

Ray,
Make sure they install new rubber seals between the bumper and fender on each side. The work is really looking good!

Leonard
Old 03-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default YellowRose Front End Body Work

Thanks for the information. I see that Carl said the grill is made of anodized aluminum. Does anyone have any idea what kind of company can clean our grills and re-anodize them? I thought I had seen a post by one of our members in the past that he had his grill chromed. If that is the case, how did that come out? I think that is what I would like to do. I just talked with Florencio of SW Chrome. He said they can chrome aluminum and to bring the grill with me when I take him the bumper for re-chroming and he will give me a quote on it. He said it is not like pot metal that can warp on you during the chroming process.

BTW, the body shop just said they have the front completely pulled out and it looks good. That allowed them to open the hood fully (which has been re-aligned properly again) and look for damage under the hood. It appears that when Rose hit the back of that F250, it caused the right side of the radiator to be pushed back into the fan blades and punctured the radiator. I am getting my radiator redone at their expense. The body shop will be pulling the radiator and the auto shop will send it out to be fixed.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 03-25-2010 at 02:29 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:27 PM
John

JohnG is on a distinguished road

You might get another fan while you're in the process. If the fan got hit then it may well be out of balance, something you don't want at 2000+ RPM.

If you don't have a 6 blade fan, use it as an excuse to get one.