This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Super-Experienced

fomoco59 is on a distinguished road

If I lived in Texas, I'd probably have a sidearm...and things could've gotten out of hand quickly. Sorry to see this, Ray.

Mike Lemmon
'59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461
Old 03-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Apprentice

1946hamm is on a distinguished road

Ray; Sorry to hear that you got your car damaged. It would have been better if the bumper had been hit instead. It would have been much cheaper to repair since the bumper would have absorbed most if not all of the impact.
On the bright side, if there is one, you were going to get Rose painted anyway and since it's yellow and the paint probably won't match you will get a free paint job at the very least.
The pictures of the damage don't look too bad and since most of the cars now are unibody constructed most body shops know how to do repairs and have the equipment to do unibody work.
Also you will probably get a new radiator and probably get your A/C serviced also.
I hope all goes well and you get Rose back better than ever.

Gary
Gary --- Registry #33728
Old 03-05-2010, 03:08 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

What a terrible thing Totally nightmare. Luckely the guy didnt hurt himself, and even if it was his fault, I must say I also feel for him. It canīt be a good day for him either.
Hope you got your car back again, as soon as possible, and hopefully better than ever. But man, what a nightmare
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 03-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Super-Experienced

gaffney1951 is on a distinguished road
Default Ouch !!!

Sorry to hear that Ray. Mike
Old 03-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Experienced

Dutchbird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. It has been a trying day for me and the owner of the shop. The problem is that the young man has never driven my Tbird before, that I know of, and was not familiar with the controls.
What the .... happened!!!!
Sorry to hear this Ray, very sorry.....

Why on earth got a man permission to drive (somebody else's) classic car without experience with it???
If an owner decides to let anyone drive his/her car without knowledge, it's alright by me, it's your choice.
OK, the young man couldn't help it and feels very sick now I think - although fortunately not injured - but it's part his own responsibility. The other part lies with the shopowner / -manager who let him drive unknowing a customers classic car.

I really hope it will turn out to be good at the end and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy some S&S events this year with your 'new' Rose...........
Old 03-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default The Best Plans Of Mice & Men...

The owner knows now he made a mistake in having him move my car. The manager was busy trying to get a car out to a customer. So the owner had that mechanic take my car to wash it off. He knows now that he should have moved it, or had the manager or the mechanic who was working on it, and knows the car well, move it. He just told me the mechanic who moved it will not be getting near my Tbird again.. It should have never happened and probably would not have, if someone else who was use to moving my Tbird in and out of the bays, up on the racks, or around the facility or out on the street for road testing, had moved it. Only the owner or manager road tests my Tbird.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 03-05-2010, 11:20 PM
John

JohnG is on a distinguished road

Is this the same crew that set it on fire about a year ago??

Last edited by JohnG : 03-05-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:09 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Whaaaaa-----t? Ray, if this is true... I can't believe it...

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 03-06-2010, 01:42 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default The Best Plans Of Mice & Men...

Yes! This is the same shop that one of their mechanics accidentally shorted a couple of wires causing some smoke and some burnt wiring. As a result, they completely re-wired everything behind the instrument panel, took out a bunch of wiring that someone in the past had left hanging. Wires that went no where. They fixed all the wiring problems and wire loomed it and made it look really nice. At their expense.... That mechanic no longer works there though....

You may ask me why in the world I took my Rose back to this shop. I did because they owed me some warranty work on the transmission, which they had overhauled. There were also a couple of small things they had not finished when it became time to get her to Danny to do the interior. Danny called me one day and said he had an opening and was ready to start working on her. So I told the auto shop and they buttoned her up and said to bring her back when Danny was done and they would finish the couple of details that had not been finished. That included adjusting the rod that goes to the transmission. They were not liking the way it was changing gears, not going into park all the time and the kick down action. Since it was under warranty, I took it back to finish those minor details and let them fix the transmission problem. They were about to do that when this happened. Otherwise, Rose would not have been back there..

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 03-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

Poor Rose!
I can't imagine how you must have felt Ray, so sorry!
Literally fell off my chair when I saw those pictures, that fella needs to be tarred and feathered!