This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:56 PM

P Jardine is on a distinguished road
Default Mooneyes Valve covers

Hi guys, this has no commercial connection for me, but thought this forum would like to know....I am a member on the MEL engine forum and this came up.

Mooneyes made a polished ribbed cast aluminum valve cover for the 430 engine way back when. They stopped producing it due to lack of demand. A T Bird owner (not me) approached them to see if they would cast again, and YES if they had ten orders. I have a 430 in a Chris Craft boat, so I am getting a set. If you want a set.... contact Mooneyes directly as they are assembling a list of customers for them. Price is $285.00 a set polished.

MADE IN THE USA... and a great piece of vintage correct gear...

Cheers

Peter
Old 02-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road

Hi Peter!

Thanks for the information. Do you happen to have a picture of the Mooneyes valve covers? If you do, please sent it or them to me, and I can post them for the guys to see. My email is:

rayclark07@gmail.com

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 02-05-2010, 09:03 PM

Sent you a pic of the valve covers on a 59 Bird... Look for it... Cheers
Old 02-06-2010, 03:27 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road

Here is a copy of the pic that Peter sent me regarding Mooneyes valve covers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 430FinnedAluCoversRight.jpg (36.6 KB, 85 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 02-09-2010, 05:05 PM

An update: Moon has received orders for 19 sets, no one has had to pay yet. They are casting 25 sets. If you haven't contacted Moon yet, get going. This is probably a one shot deal. They are going to cast and polish a set and fit them on car they have access to.... valve cover gaskets will be available too, for an additional $16.50
Old 03-07-2010, 01:36 PM

another update for those of you who may have ordered:

Mooneyes is behind at the forge, and is casting a total of 30 sets based on orders, but it shouldn't be too long now.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:06 PM
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Moon Rocker Cover Update

They have become available. Some believe the run has been bought up but it never hurts to call-

-LINC FORUM MOON ROCKER COVER DISCUSSION-