This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Experienced

Dutchbird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca58tbird View Post
Eric, I second Anders request for some scanned pics.
Sorry for doing it in two times/replies, had some troubles with resizing and posting them.
I hope you have an idea Jed, if you want a better scan please PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKheld View Post
A big thanks to Marco (DutchBird) for locating an outstanding example of the 16 page 60 Thunderbird "deluxe" dealer brochure for me.
Lots of fun looking at this brochure - if you ever get a chance to pick one up I would recommend it.

Thanks Marco!
Eric
registry 5347
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your kind words, but that's what Squarebirds is all about in my opinion:
Help.......Advise.......Share.......Suggest....... Fill.......Etc,etc,etc.......

(Your fun is my pleasure!)
Old 12-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Super-Experienced

Ca58tbird is on a distinguished road

Marco, thanks so much for showing us the 58 brochure. I'll copy and save those pics you had sent so I know what to look for and purchase. I did some internet searching last night and found several for sale for between $25-$35 USD. All of them were footnoted with *small version. Now that I have seen your pics, I know what the small version is. It isn't as large as the '60 brochure. Thanks again!
Thunderbird Registry #3810 VTCI#7652
Old 12-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Experienced

Alan H. Tast, AIA is on a distinguished road
Default Brochures for Export Cars

All right, here's my Xmas request: 22+ years ago when I was studying in Europe I was shown a '58 T-bird brochure in English which had info on the export version with the 332/Ford-O-Matic. I've been looking for one ever since. Anybody got one, or similar ones for '59 and '60? Or any auf Deutsch?
Old 12-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Super-Experienced

fomoco59 is on a distinguished road

Am I wrong, or did Ford use the same characters from the '58 brochure for the '59 brochure !? Like they had Photoshop back then....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tbird1959hardtoptamarackgreen.jpg (22.6 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg tbird1959luggagecompartment.jpg (12.9 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg tbird1959tanleather.jpg (32.9 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 1959_ford_thunderbird_hardtop_002.jpg (12.3 KB, 58 views)

Mike Lemmon
'59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461
Old 12-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Experienced

Yellowbird is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

Marco,
Thanks so much for taking the time to scan this! On the engine page is a picture of a T-bird like my Yellowbird.

Leonard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco59 View Post
Am I wrong, or did Ford use the same characters from the '58 brochure for the '59 brochure !? Like they had Photoshop back then....
Old 12-11-2009, 02:48 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Thanks Dutchbird!

Im starting to get frustrated. Must find one for 58....
Would love to drool over this pages.....

What is the correct name for this "booklet"? Need to know what to search for.....
Edit: Found one on Ebay... "Buy it now" for 84.99......
Please guys.... Dont bid on it....

There is something "totally right" about this colour combo. The hat is not bad either....
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Last edited by Anders : 12-11-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca58tbird View Post
Marco, thanks so much for showing us the 58 brochure. I'll copy and save those pics you had sent so I know what to look for and purchase. I did some internet searching last night and found several for sale for between $25-$35 USD. All of them were footnoted with *small version. Now that I have seen your pics, I know what the small version is. It isn't as large as the '60 brochure. Thanks again!
Hi Jed,

Can't figure out what a "Small Version" exactly is or contains, but I think it means it's a foldout brochure. The ones with 4 or 6 pages instead of a 16-page brochure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbird View Post
Marco,
Thanks so much for taking the time to scan this! On the engine page is a picture of a T-bird like my Yellowbird.

Leonard
Hi Leonard,

Just for you a special delivery: (Please PM me if you want a larger one)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3238_800x600.JPG (143.1 KB, 42 views)
Old 12-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg View Post
Thanks Dutchbird!
Im starting to get frustrated. Must find one for 58....
Would love to drool over this pages.....What is the correct name for this "booklet"? Need to know what to search for.....
Edit: Found one on Ebay... "Buy it now" for 84.99......
Please guys.... Dont bid on it....
Hi Anders,

You spotted a right one there, as I found out in the past mostly they're called "Deluxe Brochures"
(I think because of the pages as a book instead of a foldout brochure)

EDIT: Please Anders......Don't bid on it......unless your money is no issue??
(If you'll give yourself some time, you can buy two or more brochures for this price)
Old 12-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Super-Experienced

I would suppose you guys over in Europe must figure that since the Euro has now fallen back to $1.46USD that maybe you ought to wait till it gets back up to $1.55 before you do any more Birdstuff shopping.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Super-Experienced

Anders, here are some brochure links that may be of interest to you;

http://webspace.webring.com/people/n...ssie/ford.html
Not sure if these are reprints or not but the prices are like $35.

The following one is at http://www.mclellansautomotive.com/l.../index-8.shtml
Year: 1958 (Item #B3769) - Photo 1
FORD, "Ford Presents the New 4-Passenger Thunderbird: America's Most Individual Car":
6 page color folder, 6x9. Red and white cover with black lettering and Thunderbird emblem. Folder opens to 6x27 layout with two photo renderings showing three-quarter frontal view of white Ford Thunderbird Hardtop and interior and four drawings showing front, rear, interior and trunk, with discussion. Reverse side has four photo renderings and drawings showing three-quarter rear view of red and white Thunderbird, dashboard, frame and engine, with discussion and specifications. Dated 1/58. Form No. FD-C-1158. Price:- $30.