This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Apprentice

bul-it is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a 63 T-bird

I am looking for a 63 Thunderbird. I would like to find one without rust(would'nt we all!). I've been watching ebay. Just thought members could help. Thanks, Mike
Old 11-02-2009, 12:45 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a 63 T-bird

Did you see this one in St. Louis? It was on eBay and said sale had ended. It did not say it had sold. It is a good looking car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...RCHQ3aUSQ3a101

Also check Craigslist..

http://www2.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.c...mit=++++go++++

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 11-05-2009, 02:40 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

A project car or one already through resto?
I've got about 35 / 40 ad sites to check through...PM me a price if you don't wish to post it here...but any other information would be helpful to me to send you links on...

I would like to remind you there is a sweet 60 available that is ready to roll!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Apprentice

Hello:
Thanks for the help. I would like to find a car ready to roll/show. Price to $10K. I have a 63 I've taken apart in anticipation of restoration. I've come across so much rust the body work to correct it almost dictates I should cut my loses and get another bird. Rust/ cracked dash pad/bad door panels/bad repaints,are issues I would like to avoid. Please help me. Thanks, Dr. Mike
Old 11-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

... well this will be a challenge...
Old 11-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Apprentice

Wink Looking for a 63 Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
... well this will be a challenge...
Sorry, It seems like most of the birds I've looked at have 3 out of the 4 issues I described above. I could accept one of them. Thanks, Dr. Mike
Old 12-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Apprentice

texastomeh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Rust/ cracked dash pad/bad door panels/bad repaints,are issues I would like to avoid.
COME ON, Mike - don't be a WUSS!!

Only joking you of course! RUST is the BIG one that you want to avoid as much as possible. I say; "As much as possible" because, face it, these cars are almost 50 years old and 99.9% are gonna' have some rust. Just avoid "Terminal Body ROT".

Trust me; cracked dash pad, bad door panels, bad repaint - while some work (fun?) and time consumers - are not that big of a deal!! I KNOW from experience!!

GOOD LUCK!!

texastomeh
Old 12-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Super-Experienced

Ca58tbird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bul-it View Post
I am looking for a 63 Thunderbird. I would like to find one without rust(would'nt we all!). I've been watching ebay. Just thought members could help. Thanks, Mike
Mike, seems like just the other day someone in one of these posting forums had made mention that they were selling a 63 roller for $700, the engine and tranny were extra, but cheap. Maybe you can search out the post and get the man's name. His location was, I believe, in St. Louis.
Thunderbird Registry #3810 VTCI#7652
Old 12-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bul-it View Post
...I would like to find a car ready to roll/show. Price to $10K. I have a 63 I've taken apart in anticipation of restoration. I've come across so much rust the body work to correct it almost dictates I should cut my loses and get another bird. Rust/ cracked dash pad/bad door panels/bad repaints,are issues I would like to avoid. Please help me. Thanks, Dr. Mike
Wouldn't we ALL love to find a show car for ten grand!!! Good luck. If you have a 63, you probably own one of less than one-percent left in the world (thanks to rust).

Now that all the parts are out of production, hard to find; consequently expensive, welcome to the world of 'restoration'.

Classic cars are a very poor investment. Want returns on your money? Put it in the bank and leave restoring alone. It requires multiple skills, extensive resources, and lots of money. A proper paint job costs me $2,000. I can get a whole decent used production car with modern technology for $4,000.

Unless you are passionately in love with your '63, you probably will never restore it (how long has it been apart?). So, sell it to someone who is in love with it. Give him a good price because judging from your problems, it won't be cheap to restore and it will gobble a lot of time.

I restore classic Ford cars. 99% of the job requires cleaning rust off and preparing parts. The assembly portion goes fast and easy. I enjoy wrenching on mine. (Sorry Ray) But, it is truly a labor of love. - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 12-06-2009, 12:24 AM
Super-Experienced

Ca58tbird is on a distinguished road

Mike, I looked at the For Sale ad that I had earlier referred to and now see that it was you that had placed the ad for the sale of your present car as a roller with the separate eng and tranny.

Furthermore, I would agree with what simplyconnected had advised about the restoration of rusty old cars, in as much as what you've got right now certainly for $1000 would be a great place to start. At least you know what you are starting with. Best of success to you however you choose to proceed.
Thunderbird Registry #3810 VTCI#7652