This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Interior Work On Rose Is About Done

Hi Dave,

I did go visit Rose today and looked at the carpeting. Danny cut a small rectangle in the carpet at the base of the accelerator pedal to slip the accelerator pedal through. At the same time, he cut a small circle where the accelerator rod comes through. After he made the cuts and before he put the rod and pedal in place, he took some Elmers glue and glued around the cut areas of the carpet to keep it from unraveling. Then he put the foot pedal through the hole and the rod through its hole and there ya go. You cannot see anything in the way of the bolts. All you see is the foot pedal sticking up out of that small rectangular hole.

In a bit, I will have some more pictures to upload to show what he got done today.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 10-08-2009, 03:30 PM

Today, I picked up the new steering wheel from Jed Zimmerman and took it to Danny's to be put on by my long time friend and mechanic, Rich. You will see the beauty of Jed's work and the difference a new steering wheel will make! Danny is putting the finishing touches on the passenger seat back.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 10-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Experienced

Dutchbird is on a distinguished road

Rose becomes more and more a "Special-Rose" unique of her own.
Still great to see new pics coming with your info to follow the progress...........

Question:
When this project is finished, what's next Ray..............a new kitchen at home???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kitchen.jpg (17.5 KB, 67 views)
Old 10-08-2009, 04:38 PM

Hi Marco!

We are nearly at the end of the work on the interior. After Danny is finished with that, we will move to the trunk area, which won't be nearly as difficult as the interior.

I am gonna beat Cathie to the punch on your comment about what was going to be next! She probably would say "Puhleeeze, don't give him anymore ideas than he already has!" Lmbo..

Hey, that is a nice looking kitchen, but that is not on my list of to do things. After the interior comes the paint job. Probably sometime after the New Year. I didnt want to paint it before the interior job because I did not want them to have to be constantly worrying about accidentally scratching my new paint job. I probably should have had the door insides and the trunk done first though. Oh well, to late now! Danny will take the door panels off for me before painting, and take the stuff out of the trunk. We will not make that a permanent installation until after she is painted.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 10-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Ray the progress on Rose is stunning and it's obvious that Danny / others there do excellent work. You can always get a matching trailer to Rose done up for the S & S'S in the same color and then Marco's kitchen idea can happen.
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023
Old 10-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Super-Experienced

Ca58tbird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchbird View Post
Question: When this project is finished, what's next Ray..............a new kitchen at home???
Ray, thanks much for your accolades as to the new wheel. Sure really does set off your new interior! However with respect to the kitchen remodel idea, I do think that cabinetry design and color scheme would be much better suited in your workshop/garage to compliment your new Bird with a complete new work bench and storage area.
Thunderbird Registry #3810 VTCI#7652
Old 10-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
...Danny cut a small rectangle in the carpet at the base of the accelerator pedal to slip the accelerator pedal through...
Ray, thanks for checking that out for me. I didn't get my carpet in yesterday as it was spitting rain on and off all day. Got other things done. That new radio is mounted and half of the speakers are mounted. I have all my steering pieces ready to nail down for my rack and pinion conversion. As soon as the steering is done, I'm dropping the engine and trans in. I ran the engine about a dozen times on the stand, so I know it's ready.

It's coming along nicely. Next Friday, I will drive it to Chicago for the wedding. In the mean time, I have to mount the trans cooler, and make up some lines for it. Also, I will need power steering hoses. (I hear NAPA makes them.) - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 10-09-2009, 06:27 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

Actually, I already knew the paint job was coming next...
And that IS a nice kitchen! I would have done that shadow box a bit differently though, leaving the left hand side yellow, but the right hand side white, switching at that diagonal line....
Old 10-09-2009, 11:26 AM

I meant to comment on Jed's comment about doing that kitchen arrangement in my garage! You should see it! It is barely wide and deep enough to get Rose in there! There is a freezer, fridge and washing machine at the end of it which limits things. On one side, there is a multi-drawered catch all cabinet that I barely get by to get the drivers side door open and get out! I would like to get rid of that, but it is full of stuff that I dont have any other place for. As for making Rose a "trailer queen" I don't plan on doing that. Can you visualize me pulling this big Tbird on a trailer, behind the mini-van I own??!! It probably should be the other way around! lol..

Later today, or perhaps tomorrow, Danny should have one or both of the front seats done and put back together. That will be interesting to see them in their new colors. I have some surprises for ya'll to see when he gets them done!

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 10-09-2009, 07:36 PM

I visited Danny and Rose today. Danny tells me that she is getting a constant stream of viewers ever since he has had her. His customers spot her and they are all going wild over her. I might have a hard time getting Rose back from Danny when he is done! He might want to use her as a permanent advertisement gimmick!

He is steadily at work finishing off the sewing of the front back rests. I expect that by Monday he might have the passenger side all done, and put back together for picture taking! We will see! I added a couple of pix today to the web page.

Thanks for all your comments. They are much appreciated and especially by him! As I have said, he has never had anyone watch him build an interior as we have been doing! Usually, people come by, leave their car, tell him what they want and he does not see them again, except maybe once or twice, until the end. Not me! He sees me nearly every day! lol... I dont think it is bugging him though. As a result, we have been able to talk about ways to make the interior look better, make changes on the fly and git er done!

"It's Hip To Be Square"