This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Experienced

Shorebird is on a distinguished road
Default Window track felt?

Does anyone know where to purchase the window track felt for 59 bird's? Can it be glued into place?

Also, does anyone know what expansion tanks are used on 59's, A/C, 352's? Smooth top or rippled top?

Thanks
Old 12-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Experienced

msmaron1 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Window track felt?

>Does anyone know where to purchase the window track felt for
>59 bird's? Can it be glued into place?
>
>Also, does anyone know what expansion tanks are used on
>59's, A/C, 352's? Smooth top or rippled top?
>
>
>Thanks
The Birds nest has it in stock NOW!!
mark

Old 12-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Webmaster

Alexander is on a distinguished road

If you are talking about the fuzzy material inside of the channels that the windows go in, I replaced it by buying whole channel from JC Whitney. I cut it to length, drilled holes for rivets and riveted it back where the original channel was removed.

Alexander
1959 Hardtop
1960 Golde Top
Old 12-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Webmaster

All Squarebirds used the rounded smooth top expansion tanks.

Alexander
1959 Hardtop
1960 Golde Top
Old 12-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Super-Experienced

partsetal is on a distinguished road

The channel for the front of the door glass is also available from Restoration Specialties. The channel inside the door at the rear of the glass is not available, and must be glued in. This fuzzy like material is also available from Restoration specialties. They will also do the front or the rear for you if you like, not sure of the price.
It is important to do this rear one, and I have not seen any that still had remaining material present. The reason it is important is that if someone slams you door hard while the window is down it will break the glass. Been there, done that!
Old 01-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Super-Experienced

tarps3 is on a distinguished road

do you have to remove the entire window to get at the rear channel?
Also, do you install the new channel(s) somehow thru the small openings in the door skin?

Casey
60 hardtop
Old 01-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Webmaster

Yes, the whole window assembly needs to come out to replace the rear channel. The window assembly come out trough the opening betwenne the two halves of the door. The side window needs to come out first after removing the rollers.

Be sure to remove all the bolts holding the vent window in. When I first got my 1959, I had the passenger side glass replaced by a glass shop. They did not remove all the bolts of the vent window. The gorillas working on it pulled the vent window until they broke it out. That is one of the reasons I learned to work on the car myself.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...AT/SAA0811.gif

Alexander
1959 Hardtop
1960 Golde Top
Old 09-18-2007, 01:43 PM

wickdogg is on a distinguished road
Default The window felt for the birds.

Hi all,
This is my first post ever! Well I was thumbing through things trying to figure out my power window problem when I came across this post. To replace the felt I used the fuzzy part of velcro. It was really cheap and you can find it about anywhere. I don't know how perfect you want everything but that is what I did to mine. The material is soft and does not damage the finish on the windows. I could not find a replacement anywhere so I took it upon myself. Just my two cents.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Webmaster

Welcome to the site.

That is an novel fix. Tell us how it holds up.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Experienced

6TB1RD is on a distinguished road
Question What size

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickdogg View Post
To replace the felt I used the fuzzy part of velcro. It was really cheap and you can find it about anywhere. I don't know how perfect you want everything but that is what I did to mine. The material is soft and does not damage the finish on the windows. I could not find a replacement anywhere so I took it upon myself. Just my two cents.
Hay Wickdogg

What size (width) did you use ?

6TB1rd says welcome
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=31811