This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:07 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default My Interior Work On Rose Has Started

Thanks, Cathie! I am glad that I was able to get the information you requested. It has been interesting to watch them work on things. It did not take him long to get the headliner area out and cleaned up and the new headliner in place. I took him my bag of new interior hardware to replace all that old hardware that was showing its age. That was one of the best deals I found on eBay! Each section of the interior's hardware is bagged in small plastic bags, and a numbered list comes with it as to what each plastic bag is for. I got it from donmona777 on eBay, and the company name is The Loose Screw. They made them up for the Squarebirds and maybe the other Tbirds also.

I just checked eBay and they no longer list the Squarebirds kits. BUT, they do list the '64-'66 kits. They have 62 different interior hardware kits. I searched by their eBay name and got this.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/donmon..._sopZ12?_rdc=1

One could always write them and see if they could put some more Squarebirds kits together. I know that the others on here who bought them found them to be an excellent buy.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 07-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road
Default Screw sets

Hey Ray,
They put them up for sale on Ebay and they will be gone for a few days, then they post them again.
Just checked they are listed again! Item # 250471058008
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436

Last edited by Richard D. Hord : 07-24-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

Saved to my favorite sellers list!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Experienced

Petrolhead is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
I just checked eBay and they no longer list the Squarebirds kits.
Hi ya Ray

I just had a look as I'd be keen on a set for my '62 (Both me and my car have a screw or two loose), and I found the Sqaurebird kits listed by way down the sellers' list, after the light bulbs. here's the direct link to the Squarebirds kit

Cheers

Alistair

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958-...Q5fAccessories
Old 07-25-2009, 02:00 AM

Thanks for letting us know where you can find the hardware kits now. When I looked at their some 62 item list, I did not see it.

I have posted a few more pix of the work that was done today. Not much posted, but he is getting there. There is some other work going on in the background that I will tell you about and show in due time... but not now...

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 07-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Super-Experienced

Your not supposed to keep secrets Ray.....
Old 07-25-2009, 02:22 AM

Ahhh, but Cathie, this is a good secret to keep... For awhile... I want to show ya'll the Before and After all at one time, instead of piecemeal... So far, the molded pieces that go next to the rear windows have been re-covered, as has the package tray. I think they look really nice! Suffice it to say that I have been very actively involved in this process taking care of other things while my interior guy, Danny, does the actual breaking down of the interior, and the building of the new one for Rose. I think when he gets the new one in and she sees herself in her rear view mirror, she is gonna be stepping with pride and style.. Either that, or she is gonna be backfiring and hissing because she does not like it! But I think it will be the former, and not the latter.

In the meantime, I will show you what I can of the breakdown and building of the new interior without giving things away.. Which means, that for awhile, there may not be to many pictures, but I will post what I can...

So far, regardless of how much we have looked, we have not found the Build Sheet. As I said earlier, I suspect it might have been found during an earlier replacement of the seat covers and carpeting and discarded because no one knew the importance of it.. But the carpeting is coming out, more than likely, and we will look really well under that.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Last edited by YellowRose : 07-25-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Ray,
Loooookkking Goooood!!!
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 07-27-2009, 09:58 PM

Default Progress Continues on Yellow Rose's Interior

About half of the rear interior of Rose has been completed now. The package tray, window side pieces, the piece I call "The Horseshoe" that wraps around the seats, and the rear side panels. The rear seats will be next, it appears. So far, a continued search for the ROT Sheet has netted us nothing. I am not going to quit looking for it until everything is pulled up. It could be in the center console, but I am pretty sure the previous owner had it out. He had run a big buss cable to that Xplod amplifier he had mounted in the spare tire well. So he must have taken that center console off to run it. It is probably long gone.

Here is the link again. I have only added one picture since last Friday.

http://thunderbirds.fortunecity.com/...rdInterior.htm

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 07-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Super-Experienced

button-tufted!?