This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Super-Experienced

gaffney1951 is on a distinguished road

Mine is definitley going back from whence it came, it's already resting comforatably in a ziplock baggy. So many nice things come in a ziplock bag. Mike
Old 07-21-2009, 12:40 AM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolhead View Post
Just kidding, I love her dearly, almost as much as the latest Rod & Custom magazine with the '52 Cadillac convertible custom on page 38, the one with the sensual lines that looks even better with it's top off, great chassis, big headlights, tuck 'n' roll... mmmmm... tuck 'n' roll.
speaking from personal experience, I'd say the '52 would be cheaper to maintain.....
Old 07-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Experienced

vernz is on a distinguished road

I consider the ROT sheet for my '59 to be as much a part of the car as the drivers seat. I would never dream of keeping it if I ever sell the car. I can keep it in much better shape with my documents for the car than putting it back in the seat.
I had posted pictures of my ROT sheet and data plate quite some time ago. If anyone wants to see the pair again let me know and I'll repost them.

Vern
Old 07-22-2009, 05:17 AM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolhead View Post
A good idea, but once it's laminated there's no turning back. Personally, I would do an extra copy of each and laminate those to keep in the glovebox, and put the unmoleseted original paper copies away in safe place.

I had some stuff laminated once thinking it would preserve the items, which it did, but I subsequently learned that they weren't as vaulable and collectable once laminated.
Freakin' ding-bats at VINZ (where cars are checked for road-worthiness on arrival in NZ) tore mine in half getting it out from behind the rear seat - WHY they ever needed to take it out is beyond me.

So I lined up the two halves neatly, photocopied it and laminated the the copy, I carry it in the glovebox. The orginal is carefully kept inside a zip-lock bag at home.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:59 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default My Interior Work On Rose Has Started

This thread seems to have turned into one on the proper caring and feeding of ROT, Build or Broadcast sheets! Lets see if I can get it back on track as my Interior Work On Rose.

Yesterday, I went by to take some more pictures and get some details straight on the color scheme for the interior. So I posted a few pix on the web page. You can see them here. There are not many, just of the ceiling insulation, and a couple of pix of what the interior looked like before they took out the seats.

http://thunderbirds.fortunecity.com/...rdInterior.htm

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 07-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

Very nice Ray...like the 'old looking' insulation.
Happen to know what he used for the adhesive?

And the color scheme....?
Old 07-23-2009, 10:09 AM

Hi Cathie,

I will ask him what he is using for adhesive when I go there later today and let ya know. As for the color scheme, I will let the pictures speak for themselves when I get them posted.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 07-23-2009, 06:43 PM

Cathie, he said that over the many years he has done interior work that they used a number of different glues only to find, many years ago, that Weldwood Contact Cement works best of all in gluing the roof insulation in place.

For gluing material to the various interior forms of the car, he uses 3M glue in a big, sealed bucket, with hoses on it. You just pick up the hose with the nozzles on the end, spray the area you want glued and lay down the material in place. It will not go anywhere once glued... I watched him as he worked on one of the back interior pieces.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 07-24-2009, 01:15 AM

You may want to bookmark this web page if you want to keep up with what they are doing with my interior. I have added a few more pictures today showing the new headliner being put in place, and the work about to begin on stripping the various rear parts of the old black and white vinyl. The area under that piece (and the bottom of that piece) in front of the package tray that wraps around both seats was showing considerable surface rust. Nothing really bad though. That will be cleaned and treated before that section is put back together again. It appears that these pieces are the original vinyl covered pieces, unlike the seat covers. Those arm rests in back, for those who do not know, are not metal, like that long wrap around piece, but made from some type of plastic. During the week, I may be adding pictures every day, or every other day, as the work progresses..

http://thunderbirds.fortunecity.com/...rdInterior.htm

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Last edited by YellowRose : 07-24-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:38 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

I've read a few things about weldwood before, thanks Ray for confirming a solid product...

Awesome website and information, as usual! ....
...you are a dynamo!