This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Experienced

Petrolhead is on a distinguished road
Default 61 to 62 parts wanted please

Hi
A friend of mine is loading a container to ship down to New zealand in September.

I am looking for a few smallish parts for my '62 please, to go in this container:

Interior kick panels, left and right, any colour, as I don't want to cut up my originals for speakers.

Rear suspension lower shock/spring mounts, left and right. It's the steel plate that the U-bolts pass through and the bottom of the shock bolts on to.

And depending on price, a dual plane four-barrel aluminium intake for 390FE

Would be shipped to California, will confirm exact address

Thanks!

Alistair
Old 07-15-2009, 03:22 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

Hey Alistair, If I can find a '62 to make templates, I'll do your kick panels for the cost of the vinyl around 10-12.00 - and if you can email me an outline of your speakers, I can cut the holes out.
I've posted a link to my album on another thread and can take better pics since I put them in a ring binder instead of the stacked deal they came in.
What's your panels color now...or would you like?

Last edited by Coral : 07-15-2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: added something ...
Old 07-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road
Default Intake manifolds

Hey Alistair,
Found dual plane four barrel intake on Ebay, hope you have deep pocket!
Item #380031001209
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436

Last edited by Richard D. Hord : 07-15-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Super-Experienced

I went looking for a picture and it took sometime, but seems your kick panels might be shaped hard plastic?
Old 07-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard D. Hord View Post
Hey Alistair,
Found dual plane four barrel intake on Ebay, hope you have deep pocket!
Item #380031001209
Richard D. Hord
Thanks Richard!

yep, US$465 is getting up there , would owe me close to NZD$1000 by the time it gets here!

Thanks again for the lead, but a bit rich for me

Cheers

Alistair
Old 07-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Experienced

Hi ya Coral

That's very generous offer, thank you very much

Yep, mine are hard plastic, green. Unfortunately it's a little more involved. Because there's not a lot of space behind the kick panel for the speaker cone and magnet I plan on reshaping the kick panel and extending a mount for the speaker in towards the footwell using MDF and body filler, and then using that as a mould for fibreglass kick panels. I'll then trim them in green vinyl.

I have a mate who wants a pair with speaker mounts too, so we'll do a couple of pairs in fibreglass.

But thanks again for your offer, that's real nice of you

Cheers

Alistair
Old 07-18-2009, 01:31 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default 61 to 62 parts wanted please

Hi Cathie, One of the things I did today was to make a trip to Blast The Past, the local "Final Resting Place For Aged And Unwanted Tbirds And Other Cars". They have two Tbirds there, and one is a '62, which I have posted about before. The other is a '65 it turns out. I went there today to get the VIN # off the '65 and to see about getting the two kick panels out of the '62 for you.. I found out that the one on the drivers side is missing. The one on the passenger side was still there. As was said below, it looks to be molded plastic that bulges out some. I was not able to get to it, because there is a tree right next to the door that prevented me from getting into the car and getting to that panel. Besides, the front seat has the back seat and a bunch of other stuff in it. I could have moved that though. But since the kick panel was not flat and covered with material like our Squarebirds, I gave up on it.

Keeping in mind what John Rotella told me about recovering any Owners Operating booklet or other historical records that might be in the glove compartment, I tried to get it open, but could not. It was like 101 and I was hot as all get out, so I quit trying and gave up on that.

I did get pix of the '65 and also the VIN and Data Plate information for John's tbirdregistry.com and will send that to him. He just sent me the registration number for the '62. It is 33524. Unfortunately, I was only able to get the drivers door open about six inches on the '65, because there is an old rusting truck right up against it, but good enough to get a camera down at the bottom of the door and get some pix of the Data Plate. BTW, the Data Plate on a '64-'66 is on the bottom of the drivers door end, where the lock is. NOT where it is for the Squarebirds. It's VIN # is 5Y87Z100488. It is a 2Dr HT Laundau, Color=N-Diamond Blue, Trim=22-Blue Vinyl, Date 04H-4 Aug (my birthdate!), DSO=65-Okla City, Axle=1-3.00 Tran=4-3spd Dual Range Auto. The 390 engine was gone, as was the whole front end. I think the tranny also. I could not get to the glove compartment because the passengar door was locked and I could not get to the lock to open it.

When you are out looking at Tbirds in places like that, see if you can get into the glove compartment and retrieve the Owners Operating Manual and any important historical records that might be there. Make sure you have the owners permission to take that paperwork.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 07-18-2009 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Additional Information
Old 07-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Super-Experienced

Very thoughtful Ray...thats ok it didn't turn out...another time when you need not fear cooking in the heat!

I'm curious now, how many of the birds have molded plastic kick panels?

I've broached the subject with my uncle, and he says if we can make the molds for whatever we are wanting, he will be happy to re-create the items in fiberglass...it will be a little bit yet before we can get this part rolling as his shop is not set up yet in TX, still moving stuff from WI there to their new place in TX.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Experienced

Hi Ray

Thanks very much for thinking of me, it's tricky to find that sort of thing down here in NZ where Tbirds were never sold new.

Cheers

Alistair
Old 07-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Super-Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolhead View Post
Hi Ray

Thanks very much for thinking of me, it's tricky to find that sort of thing down here in NZ where Tbirds were never sold new.

Cheers

Alistair

they weren't sold there new? whats up with that?