This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:45 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road
Default Useless founds under the seats & carpet...

With the garage finished and Ruth in, Iīm am trying to fix small thing just about every night. It is realy fun to finally get to work with the car, but I keep it to small stuff so I can drive whenever it is sunshine.
Detent plate and selector arm as well as my renovated steering wheel is in! Horn works and it looks awesome!
New headlamp switch also and other light problems fixed as well.
While crawling up & down to replace the lightswitch, I kind of figured out that it would be more convenient if I remove the drivers seat , and while I was on it, all seats vent out This gave me the oportunity to have a look under the carpet as well, and even if what I saw was quite sad, I guess that was the best thing I could do, as it was very wet under it, on booth sides where the feets are located
So now, a dryer is working overtime to dry everything, and thatīs a good feeling anyway, as there would be nowhere for the water to go if I havenīt pull up the carpet.
Anyway, while under everything, I did my best to chase these identification labels you all talk about all the time
But as mine interior is changed somewhere between Vixom & Gothenburg, during these + 50 years, there was no luck....
But I did found a few thing.
How about a little package of Howard Johnsonīs toothpicks?
Or a "Valuable Coupon"? Not bad eeay?
An broken piece of hard paper with a 8 in a rectangular box and something written with a pencil.
My guess about the numbered labels found in booth front and rear seat is that have something to do with the "new" upholstery. Or?.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4742.jpg (62.9 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4745.jpg (59.4 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4746.jpg (70.9 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4748.jpg (50.8 KB, 90 views)
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 06-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Experienced

LuckyJay is on a distinguished road
Smile

That "valueable coupon" would lead my to think that maybe that Bird went to at least one Drive-In theatre. Perhaps even a "StarLite Theatre".
Old 06-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Question

I must have missed something on here over the years. What are those metal tag "ID Labels"? And where did you find those at Anders?

-Jon

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:14 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird430 View Post
I must have missed something on here over the years. What are those metal tag "ID Labels"? And where did you find those at Anders?

-Jon
One in one of the front seat and the other on the backseat, connected to the springs. But they only look metal. They are plastic....
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 06-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Experienced

Meridious is on a distinguished road

I found a note on Philips 76 notepad-paper that said, "Where's the oil, Tim??"

No date, but I'd swear it was from the 60's to early 70's.

I found 2 earring backs, different types, under the passenger seat.

Nickels, pennies, etc. Wish I'd have found a 1960 coin. No way to know if it was 1960 when it was dropped, but I'd have swore it was.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Experienced

57ford/60thunderbird is on a distinguished road

my ole rosie led a checkered past , well atleast some of her previous owners did

she used to sit in the parking lot of a ( bar?) called the syndicate ( in newport ky) i think the bars owner owned her to when i pelled her smelly wet rotten carpet out i found a burnt up roach clip :O under the front ash tray in the console amoung other ahem colorfull items

lord only knows what happened im side poor ole rosie sitting in that parking lot (newport is or used to be commanly known for very friendly females if you know what i mean )

the bar or what ever it is still around according to the guy i bought her from she used to sit exactly where the new bell is in newport
69 roadrunner

Last edited by 57ford/60thunderbird : 06-13-2009 at 12:37 AM.