This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Experienced

57ford/60thunderbird is on a distinguished road
Default going to vist 2 squarebirds in a junkyard

hey all im going to go to a junkyard this saturday it has 2 sqarebirds in it they have prolly been in the yard for the better part of 20 years so theres just small items left glass, trim type stuff mainly

one is a black 59 convert poor thing looks like someone just drove it into the yard and parked it and forgot about it

the other is an aqua colored hardtop cant remember the year on it it appearently got in a fight with a pole or tree and lost (its also pretty picked over)

im gonna get the info off them incase john at the registry wants it and hopefully score a few parts for mine and of course i will take pics of them if you want to see them

the reason im posting this is to see if anyone here would like me to check the cars for something they may need if so tell me and ill see what i can find
69 roadrunner
Old 05-19-2009, 04:25 AM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road

Hi Keith, I need the small cowl around where the windscreen wiper is attached and the nuts / spacers etc on the end of the wiper spindle and am having trouble finding them. If you were willing to post to Oz, I will certainly pay you for your trouble.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Keith,
If you have time. Look in the convertible, underneath the radio. I need the map light mounting plate, light and switch if possible.
Registry #33436
Old 05-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
Hi Keith, I need the small cowl around where the windscreen wiper is attached and the nuts / spacers etc on the end of the wiper spindle and am having trouble finding them. If you were willing to post to Oz, I will certainly pay you for your trouble.
ok let me make sure i understand what your needing you mean the little pot metal bezels the wiper pivots poke through and all the attaching nuts etc? or do you need the whole cowl panel? i dont mind shipping to oz but i hear it takes a LOOOng time to get there
69 roadrunner
Old 05-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard D. Hord View Post
Hey Keith,
If you have time. Look in the convertible, underneath the radio. I need the map light mounting plate, light and switch if possible.
ill see what i can find

i think the hardtop in the yard is a 58 i have pics of both of them i took like 7-10 years ago or so ill try to scan them and post them tonight
69 roadrunner
Old 05-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Super-Experienced

GTE427 is on a distinguished road

I have several request on the 59 convert since you offered, the easy ones first:

1) Trunk relay, most likely in the engine bay near the opening for the antenne, could also be to the right of the glove box liner inside the car, mounted on the side beneath the windshield wrap around. See following post:
http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin...ead.php?t=3676

2) Keyed trunk release --push button-- , under dash to the left on the steering column. Next to the E Brake handle See following post #14
http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin...=trunk+releaSE

3) Top control switch, located in the trunk, on inner driver side fender

4) Trunk emblem, the birds tail feathers are not hinged as the trunk was electrically operated from under the dash, no key cylinder like the HT's

5) Trunk release solenoids, see link with item 2 #14

Now the harder items:

6) Any wiring harnesses associated with the switches, relay etc, may not be feasible depending on how complete the car is. If harnesses are cut, not as interested, would like to use for template to get reproduced.

7) Trunk lid hinges.

Please look at the condition of the trunk lid, package tray on the trunk lid and package tray on the top frame. Not sure what is remaining.

What ever you're able to round up would be appreciated. Please grab any nuts, bolts, clips, hardware with anything removed. I'll PM you my cell number for any questions. Thanks again!
Old 05-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

Yes, yes...pix and vin/dataplate info!!

oh, BTW... John's e-addy is not underscored:

john@tbirdregistry.com

just copy and paste....
Old 05-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Apprentice

Colo66 is on a distinguished road

If you have time......
I need a curved piece of interior trim that goes between the dash and windshield on the drivers side. If in doubt I will take all the dash trim that goes next to the windshield. Hardware that goes with it would be nice too!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo66 View Post
If you have time......
I need a curved piece of interior trim that goes between the dash and windshield on the drivers side. If in doubt I will take all the dash trim that goes next to the windshield. Hardware that goes with it would be nice too!
do you mean the small piece that has two screws holding it in place?
69 roadrunner
Old 05-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Experienced

ok heres the pic of the 59 convert remember this picture was taken 7-10 years ago the car has sat the same way ever since (and who knows how long before that) so ill check on all the stuff listed but i wouldnt hold my breath on most of it

69 roadrunner