This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:36 PM
John

JohnG is on a distinguished road

I just took a closer look at the '58 doors. The only stiching is on the armrest and that is pretty straight. The rest of the seams are all covered by trim and not seen.

The only other possible obstacle would be in the case where the foam in the armrest was shot. Then you would need to sculpt a replacement.
john
Old 05-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

http://picasaweb.google.com/astikenn...eat=directlink

ok...I took some pix of Coral's door and 1 of the seat
the indentations on the panels is going to be a question I'll be asking my aunt about tomorrow ( she has done marine upholstery for the boats my uncle has fiberglass repaired )

cutting the foam is not a big deal at all...
Old 05-15-2009, 03:43 PM
John

Your door looks substantially different from mine. More stitching, buttons, but nothing I could see that was stamped into it in the way of a pattern. So potentially reproducable by someone like yourself. What do you think?

Mine ('58) is simpler but has all those little ovals stamped into the lower part.

Guess we need to see a '60 to round things out.

Seats: the foam can be purchased. I remember paying alot of money just to have the foam replaced - independent of materials. Like over $100 per front seat.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Super-Experienced

John, Coral is a '60

can you post a pic of your door?
Old 05-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Experienced

57ford/60thunderbird is on a distinguished road

john , cathies door panel looks just like mine i think hers is a 60 maybe im wrong

cathie , we're gonna have to talk price and stuff i think

edit she beat me to it LOL
69 roadrunner
Old 05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Super-Experienced

LOL

I'm purdy quick sometimes!

before we get to price, we need to plan the best avenue for choosing color/material/shipping methods

I've checked on ebay for material just recently and its a wide open field....colors and material...
I'll be talking to my aunt tomorrow for further information.

Have not thought if the person ordering said seats or door panels would BUY the material and have it shipped to me, or if I would buy it....

I guess one can choose shipping by USPS, UPS or DHL depending on the best service and price.

the end result would be far cheaper than the previously posted prices....I'm not trying to make a living out of someone else's bill fold - I'm in the same spot myself!

Last edited by Coral : 05-15-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:19 PM
John

I will get a photo of my door later tonight...

sorry 'bout the wrong year on your car!! Guess we need a photo of a '59 then!

john
Old 05-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Super-Experienced

GASP!

You haven't read my Coral's story!

LOL

Good deal on the pix...will be posting a coupla links to some material....so we can plan this out well....

Oh...Ray....Mike?
a 59 door panel and seat?

oh, wait...maybe not the car thats been in a museum and magazine...I might get stage fright...
LOL
Old 05-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Super-Experienced

Ca58tbird is on a distinguished road

For those of you interested and so inclined, you may be able to make your own panels and have them upholstered at a shop or do that yourself too. Some time ago I had submitted a post to a thread similar to this one where I had somewhat explained and shown pics of how I had made repro panels for my '58. Go to http://www.fototime.com/inv/57F8EACECABB57D. One of the pics posted there is a series pic of the steps I had gone thru to fabricate the repro panels. I can offer further tutiliage if you want to direct email me to askhow@aol.com.
Thunderbird Registry #3810 VTCI#7652
Old 05-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Super-Experienced

HEY you redid your steering wheel?