This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:39 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Welcome greyfrontier

Welcome to Squarebirds, Joe Cooper in Calif. Joe has a '58 Tbird! As soon as he confirms his email address, I can approve his membership. Joe, if you need any help in navigating our Forums, you can contact me at rayclark07@gmail.com and I will be glad to help. We have the greatest Tbird Techies around the world on here who will be glad to answer questions and help you.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 04-25-2009, 03:16 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Welcome greyfrontier

Hi Joe, I got your email about not being able to log on. You need to find the system automatically generated email that went to your email address you provided when you created your user id. Look in your Spam or Delete folder. Sometimes various email clients put emails that they do not recognize the email address in those folders. Once you find it, click on it, and confirm your email address to the system. Right now, your membership is sitting in the Waiting Email Confirmation queue and will stay there until such time as you find that email and act on it. It is an additional security measure we had to put on to keep the hackers and spammers out. Last year, they were driving us nuts with spam. This and some other security features, has stopped it so far.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 04-25-2009, 03:43 AM
Apprentice

Mintgreenbird is on a distinguished road
Default Welcome Joe

What part of Calif are you in --- Im in Southern Calif--this is a great bunch of people nad they have forgotten more about these birds than I ll ever know --once again welcome
Regestry #19452
Old 04-25-2009, 05:08 AM
Super-Experienced

bird 60 is on a distinguished road

Hi Jack, I think I'm missing something. Excuse my ignorance but I can't make out your message.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Joe also welcome to our truly international site, where you will find the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any question answer where you can and participate often
It's nice to see another 58 owner on our site
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023
Old 04-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

Welcome aboard Joe!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:29 PM

greyfrontier is on a distinguished road
Unhappy 58 h/t

bought this thing about 6 years ago. acording to great granddaughter i am second owner. her great grandfather bought it new and at 33k miles he departed for the land of unlimited birds. sat for 39 years in garage because widow did not like to drive it, too hard to get in and out of and doors hit curbs when she parked. her chevy sedans were her choice. went into assisted living and g-g-daughter posted it on internet, bought it for couple of bucks and trailered it home. ABSOLUTELY no rust. all original & interior still smells new. front seats & dash cooked by sun coming thru window in garage. upholstery, except for aforementioned, still like new. Foam crumbles at touch so back seat off limits. electronic ignition only change and repro fender guides i put on. sun destroyed plastic in originals. still has mickey mouse ws washer pump/vacumn/fanbelt setup. paint dead so had it repainted. another story.
now, my problem. only 58 owners know that 58's were a B------ year. look at catalogs and they go 55-56-57, 59-60, 61-62-63, etc. lots of parts not interchangeable with 59-60's. my bird has too much glass on the driver side and not enough glass on the passenger side so i need some help. i was in a parade and decided to lower the windows as i approached the judges stand (looks more better with windows down) and passenger side responded to electrons and dutifully went down. hit button for driver side and driver window made and effort and died. same with quarter panel window. tried to raise passenger side and they had joined their soul mates in quite repose and refused to move. indications of a blown fuse, right? Ah Ha! where is fuse panel on 58? ain't none i can find. have found three fuses. one in light switch. one hanging in a fuse holder. and a tiny buss type that i don't know what it does. have been told by bird restorers that 58's used fuse links instead of fuses. have looked for pregnant wires without success. does anyone have any idea on where i should start to try to find the problem. please help bring harmony again to the grey-
frontier household getting my windows to come to life again. ulterior motive in all of this. i want to park the bird in front of the chevy dealership that sponsors our corvette club (91 convert) at our next meeting and show them what a real classic car looks like. had a 58 before in 1960.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Super-Experienced

bird 60 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Hi Joe & welcome to the club. I read your profile & I tell you what, I tip my hat off to you. Before you know it someone will come to your aid & help you out.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Wink

Welcome aboard sir.

More than likely you will need to remove the door panels & the window motors. They will need to be replaced or rebuilt somewhere that specializes in small elec. motors. However, I would try 1st to clean the power window switch contacts with CRC brand Electronics Cleaner (available at any good auto store).

Goodluck,
Jon in TX.

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

Of all things bizzar...I just happen to have a 58 new owners handbook here
While the area is skimpy about your power lift windows, I can scan the Specs pages for you...the fuses are all on power feed wires - no box or panel
there are no fuses listed for the window switch
I also have an old switch around here somewhere that I will dig up to have alooky at....