This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Experienced

tmjsong1aolcom is on a distinguished road
Default 58,59,60 Toe and Heel Pads Reproductions

This has been a long road and the process is about to come to completion.
I found a set of toe and heel pads under mats in a parts car. The heel pad was all there except for the thin piece up by the gas pedal.

Long story short is these were used to obtain accurate reproductions of these rubber/vinyl items. The ones currently being put on reproduction carpet sets are nothing more than pieces of vinyl that are not even close to the originals. I have run into the same problems with 64 carpet sets.

As most of you know the originals get brittle and start to crumble.

These are being reporduced thru Regal Roadsters in Madison Wi. and should be available sometime around June 1. Initially they will be only made in black. Please email Chuck directly for cost and how they can be purchased. chuck@regaltbird.com

Fuz
58's&64's
Sun Prairie, Wi.
tmjsong1@aol.com
Old 04-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Super-Experienced

fomoco59 is on a distinguished road

Fuz, This is what I pulled out of my car in '07. Was it original carpet/pad?

http://www.fototime.com/DC4CA445B5EA3AD/medium.jpg

Mike Lemmon
'59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Last edited by fomoco59 : 04-09-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:54 AM
John

JohnG is on a distinguished road

Fuz, how would you envision us using these? I have some repro carpetting from Mac's I will be putting in sometime in the next month. So the part you mention is probably pretty substandard. Would you see me removing that and then having the parts you developed stitched in the correct locations? I haven't looked at the carpet in any detailed way.

John
Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 AM
Experienced

tmjsong1aolcom is on a distinguished road

Mike the piece you pulled from your bird appears to me to be an aftermarket piece. Did it have the Toe pad also?

As for those that have installed carpeting, it is my understanding that finding someone to sew these vinyl pieces into you current aftermarket carpeting is hard to find.

I would still envision selling the heel and toe pads as just the 2 pieces to anyone who only wants the vinyl and one can do the sewing on their own.

I can supply a pic of the original heel pad and toe pad if anyone wants to see them. We do not currently have the reproduction pieces but when available I will take photos of the pieces side by side. Can supply pics once repros on hand. Wait to ask for repro pics until they get here as my memory is terrible.

Email address is tmjsong1@aol.com if you want pics of the pattern.

Fuz
58's&64's
Sun Prairie, Wi.
tmjsong1@aol.com
Old 04-09-2009, 01:11 AM
Super-Experienced

Ca58tbird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco59 View Post
Fuz, This is what I pulled out of my car in '07. Was it original carpet/pad?

Someone might know why I am not able to view the pic posted. I am a paid member. All I get is a pic of a fototime error msg. This is the first time I have encountered this problem. Help!
Thunderbird Registry #3810 VTCI#7652
Old 04-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Super-Experienced

Jed, the photo was pasted to this site, and worked yesterday. Today I went back to Fototime and created a "share" link to that pic. Looks like it worked, but shows only a small image. Seems you need to be a paid Fototime subscriber to generate large pics. You can also find it it my Fototime albums under Other, from the Pics link in my Signature.

Fuz, this was the only rubber parts in the carpet. I guess I'm not sure what a toe-pad is. This car is a very clean original but the carpet was badly worn. I'd be suprised to learn it was already replaced once, but ya never know... 50 yrs is a long time!

Mike Lemmon
'59 Raven Black Hardtop

Last edited by fomoco59 : 04-09-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Super-Experienced

GTE427 is on a distinguished road

Mike, I believe the toe-pad is on the trans tunnel. adjacent to your foot and gas pedal.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Super-Experienced

Mike and Fuz, I searched fototime.com for the url of Mike's fototime pic link and came up with the error msg, "No users have pictures with tag http://www.fototime.com/%7B93C503BF-...7D/picture.JPG

I am a member of fototime.com, have my own pics posted there and certainly can't fig this one out. Fuz, how were you able to find this pic or url or link or whatever in order to view the pic.

Sure am interested in seeing the pic. Might I request that the actual pic be posted using the squarebirds.org forum system for managing attachments. Even tho I just graduated from newbie school and passed my apprenticeship, my most recent honor with being experienced still does lend a clue to me how to view this fototime pic link. Thanks much guys.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Super-Experienced

Wonders never cease I just now clicked on the link in my previous post and presto, there the pic was for me to view. http://www.fototime.com/%7B93C503BF-...7D/picture.JPG Why was that so difficult anyway?

Anyway now that I have seen the pic, I would suggest that any good canvas stitcher could sew that vinyl patch onto the carpet. That of course provided the carpet was removed from the car first so the canvas man could get it all up to his sewing machine. Look in the yellow pages for canvas or tent and awning.

WOW! I finally saw the picture!
Old 04-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Super-Experienced

Jed, I dunno why that picture would sometimes appear and then not. Not savvy enough to explain it. Can you click the link in my signature and get to my Fototime photos? That pic is in the Album called "Other".

Mike Lemmon
'59 Raven Black Hardtop