This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road
Default Hello California

Well we are finally here in sunny CA and I must say it is everything that we thought it would be. MY son and I have visited Barry White's Speed Shop (Wrecks to Riches), Marcels Custom Metal (American Hot Rod) So-Cal Speed Shop, Larrys T-Birds and lots and lots of Mexican Restaurants. I take my hat off to the guys we have mentioned above, as soon as they found out we were here from Australia, the welcome mat was rolled out and we were treated fantastically.

I think we have spent nearly enough to save your economy over here...and are now down in San Diego for the Goodguys Car Show starting tomorrow. Hope there is no birds for sale...might have to phone the wife and plead.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:32 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Hello California

Hi Bill!

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself and being treated well there and enjoying the Mexican food. I am sure you are enjoying visiting the various car shops they have out there. They have some great ones. Enjoy the car show, and maybe, just maybe, you might find a "mate" for Penelope!

Let us know what you might be taking back home with you!
Attached Images
File Type: gif Kangaroo.gif (10.5 KB, 87 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 04-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Super-Experienced

RustyNCa is on a distinguished road

To bad Bill is visiting the wrong end of CA though, seriously welcome to CA and the US.

If you make it up to the good part, that is the section in green hit me up.

KoolApril Nights is coming up April 15th to April 19th... Someone needs to come up and represent beside just me...and if anyone does... hit me up man.

http://www.koolaprilnites.com/photos/

Here is my lady driving the 65 in the cruise last year.... she wants to ride with me this year, said she kept getting hit on...

Another bird in the cruise

My son and I in the red gutlass....

Old 04-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Busted Knuckles

Hey Rusty, we are in San Francisco now, but only overnight...great place! We love the whole car culture here, it is awesome. **** cold weather here though!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Super-Experienced

tarps3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyNCa View Post

Here is my lady driving the 65 in the cruise last year.... she wants to ride with me this year, said she kept getting hit on...
uh - yea...
ya think?

Nice cars and a nice looking group of people.
congrats you lucky *&%.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
Hey Rusty, we are in San Francisco now, but only overnight...great place! We love the whole car culture here, it is awesome. **** cold weather here though!
The car culture is one of the things I also love about the US, just love cruising around soaking in the old-car wrecking-yards, classic-car sales etc etc, can't wait to get enough $$$ (read: Kiwi pesos) to get back again.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Super-Experienced

RustyNCa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
Yep, very cold. Where you staying in SF? It's a beautiful city with good eats and nightlife.

You want a good time check out the bisuits and blues club, small little place downstairs, has really good food and good blues music.

Their web site says tonight is Johnny Lee Hooker, JR

They are at 401 Mason St. at Geary just off of Union Square.

Really kool place, if you like blues music and southern food.

http://www.biscuitsandblues.com/
Old 04-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Busted Knuckles

Thanks for the info Rusty, didnt get to the internet again until too late and we are now down in Corona again to pick up parts for my sons Chevys, and hopefully some more bits for my baby from Moon in Wilmington. We are only here for another 3 days then its back to Aussie...and reality.

It has been a most enjoyable trip but I must say that the economy over here is in a hell of a mess. My business in Australia is involved with finance and real estate and whilst we have had a small downturn in prices, its obvious that there has been some real carnage here...sad for all concerned.

We have done our best to inject some cash but didnt find any cars that we fell in love with and wanted to take back...this time.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Experienced

Petrolhead is on a distinguished road

Hi Bill
I've been away for a while, road trip to wellington for teh National Hot Rod Show. Glad you had such a cool trip, you must be heading home tomorrow our time? Betcha went nuts at Moon, they give you the shop tour?
Old 04-15-2009, 02:12 AM
Apprentice

Mintgreenbird is on a distinguished road
Default Moons place

HI guys
Dean Moons old shop has changed a lot since he died-- I have been going there since the 60's lots of history was made there and across the alley where the first AC cobra was put togeather--with a 260 in her ( this is the same garage where the Moon Eyes special was hammered out )building where. The hub caps use to be spun in the old shed in the corner of the paring lot -- now gone. When Dean died-- the shop was closed for quite a while-- but then the Japanise bought it from his wife and when it reopened -- a lot of the old casting and equipment were gone -- who know where. There were a lot of one off parts that I would have loved to have bought.