This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys!
Larry Thunderbird and Mustang Parts has four row, heavy duty radiator for sale. You will have to call to get a price.
Phone number 1-800-854-0393. Web sight www.larrystbird.com I have not checked but the last time I looked there web site was down.
Registry #33436
Old 04-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Super-Experienced

Ca58tbird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo View Post
Ok.... so I still haven't found anyone who lists a radaitor for my squarebird. I got a quote to recore the original of $300-$350 which is, in my eyes crazy... next stop... finding something that will fit. Now, I know that I could have one built, but I don't have $350 to spend on a recore... nevermind having one built.

Has anyone out there been able to fit a different radiator in a squarebird?
Drax and Larry's are both good suggestions. I tried Larry's website the other day and it is finally back online, maybe yet with a few construction bugs in it. I also see that http://www.tbirdparts.com/main.htm Birdsnest also has $350 58-66 radiators listed with a $100 core charge. I suppose with a 2 way shipping a new radiator will cost you about $450.

I certainly would think that you having yours recored locally would be the way to go cause any supposed new radiator you're gonna buy is going to be a recored one anyway. Then you'd save all of that shipping too.
Thunderbird Registry #3810 VTCI#7652
Old 04-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Apprentice

Tuxedo is on a distinguished road

Thanks to all for the input.

JohnG... I tried to fix the one I have and what started out as a hairline crack, just keeps getting bigger and bigger. The original crack was caused by my finger nail... which should tell you how brittle the whole thing is.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:19 PM
John

JohnG is on a distinguished road

If the crack was caused by your finger nail... then I have to agree it's time to hunt down a new one! Wow! Imagine the damage a bee at 60 mph might have done!
Old 04-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Apprentice

Tuxedo is on a distinguished road

Yep, I literally "clipped" one of the fins with my finger nail and it immediately started to drip. I originally thought I could just braize it since it was so small, but it got bigger and bigger...

I e-mailed the T-bird Ranch and they don't have anything. Even if he did have a used one, he would recore it before he sold it anyway. When I told him that I was quoted $300-$350 locally, he said that it was a very good price.

I will have to say, that he (John Draxler) was EXTREMELY helpful and quick in his responses back. I would no doubt do business with him in the future.