This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:13 PM
KULTULZ

Default Replacement Engine

>I was able to get some numbers.
>
>On the Block (Front, left-hand side) it says C2AE
>
>On top of the manifold, again left side: 2C6: and directly
>underneath that C2AE9(next number4 or letterA--not quite
>sure which)25D
>
>There is cast writing and another, lengthy, number on the
>manifold at the rear (left side) but I have to rmove a hose
>going from the spacer to the (vacumn?) manifold to get at
>those.
>
>Thanks everyone..
>

Usually, on the FE...The Casting I.D. Nos. are on the right pan rail behind the starter along with the Casting Date Code. The I.D. No. should read as C2AE 6015-(Suffix)(The suffix either being a letter, a letter and numeral or a combination. The intake manifold should read C2AE 9425-(Suffix). The Casting Date Code of the intake is 06 MAR 1962 (2C6). I would think this is going to turn out to be an economy 1962 352CI 2V engine and was installed as opposed to having the origional engine redone.

Your carburetor (Autolite C8PFU 2bbl) is a 1968 AUTOLITE Service Replacement (Identified by the third character in the PN prefix-P).

How concerned about origionality and matching numbers are you?

BTW...352 cast into the front of the motor is common on all FE's until they changed the front mold(s) in the mid to late sixties.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:03 AM

udodias
Default RE: Replacement Engine

Thanks for the info..I've looked around and have not found any more numbers on the block itself..as for numbers matching/originality, my preference of course would be for the original engine or at least a matching year (1960..352..4-bbl carb)..if this engine turns out to be a 352, I might have to live with it as it needs a rebuild due to numerous oil leaks/blow-by.
I'll keep looking for engine markings in the meantime..
John
Old 08-30-2005, 06:05 AM
KULTULZ

Default Numbers Correct Restoration

I am sure there is a reference source of correct number engine parts to make the origional 352 appear to be authentic. Most likely, your present 352 has smaller heads and lower CR than the 58/60 352 300HP engine. Also, the basic 352 should be the same as in FORD (58/60 4V) and this will make it a little easier to come by an assembly.

This is why I would dread a dedicated restoration. Making it numbers correct would drive me crazy. But good luck with it and I am sure there are several here that can maybe help you find the correct assembly.