This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Apprentice

rhertel is on a distinguished road
Default 352 block

I have a 352 block with heads, oil pan and timing cover.
The engine does not turn. As far as I can see, there is no cracks in the block. I am located in Connecticut.
$200 or best offer can take it.

Rich
Old 02-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Experienced

frank58 is on a distinguished road

do you know what it came out of? any casting numbers and the assy date code would be helpfull. I am in the market for a 58 engine with a specific assy date range. It's been quite a persuit

Last edited by frank58 : 02-08-2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: I can't spell....
Old 02-08-2009, 04:33 PM
KULTULZ

Post Casting I.d. No. And Date Casting Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank58 View Post

do you know what it came out of? any casting numbers and the assy date code would be helpfull. I am in the market for a 58 engine with a specific assy date range. It's been quite a persuit
Are you trying to go numbers correct?

-FE ENGINE IDENTIFICATION-
Old 02-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
Are you trying to go numbers correct?

-FE ENGINE IDENTIFICATION-
yes, my engine is a 58 with solid lifters and a carter AFB carb. after much discussion both here and at the VTCI forums it appears to be out of a full size 58. I'm pretty sure you helped out in that discussion. I guess I'll use it untill the "right" engine comes along (if ever).

btw, the ID link seems to be broken.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:16 AM
KULTULZ

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank58 View Post

yes, my engine is a 58 with solid lifters and a carter AFB carb. after much discussion both here and at the VTCI forums it appears to be out of a full size 58. I'm pretty sure you helped out in that discussion. I guess I'll use it untill the "right" engine comes along (if ever).

btw, the ID link seems to be broken.
I remember your plight!

It seems to me that the engine you have would be invaluable to someone restoring a period correct 58 FORD.

Have you thought of contacting one of the BIRD salvage yards to find a complete take-out? Do you know the build date on your car?
Old 02-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Experienced

The build date on my 58 is March 12. so I am looking for an engine assy date before that (as close a possible of course). I did locate a few 58's but the assy dates were months later than my build date. I didn't try anywhere too far from me. I'm in CT, same as the original poster.. now that would be luck......
Old 02-09-2009, 07:39 PM
KULTULZ

Did he leave an E-MAIL address?
Old 02-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Apprentice

Default engine numbers

B8ae6015b
Oa27.3
Old 02-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Experienced

the casting number B8 is 1958... but could be for full size ford. I don't have my books available. Would you be able to get a peek at the engine assy date? it's hand stamped on the front drivers side of the engine, near the oil dipstick tube
Old 02-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Apprentice

FE Casting Number Breakdown Charts

Decade of Manufacture:
  • A = 1940
  • B = 1950
  • C = 1960
  • D = 1970
  • E = 1980
Year of Decade
The year of the decade is determined by adding a number (0-9) to the letter of the decade. Example: C6 would be 1966, D0 would be 1970, D1 would be 1971.
Car Line/ Manufacture Codes
  • A = Galaxie
  • D = Falcon (60-69)
  • F = Outside USA, Trans Am racing
  • G = Comet / Montego
  • J = Industrial
  • M = Mercury
  • O = Fairlane / Torino
  • P = Autolite / Motorcraft
  • R = Rotunda
  • S = Thunderbird
  • T = Truck