This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road
Default $100,000 66 Bird

This is a nice car, but at $100K Aussie thats $73K USD.....a bit over the top!

http://cars2.ebay.com.au/Ford-Thunde...mZ370142119158
Old 01-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

There's always some optomist - sadly it makes those with ratty cars think they're now worth at least something...

Also never realised there was a roadster kit for '66 T-birds?

Last edited by scumdog : 01-12-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:25 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default $1000,000 66 Bird

Yup, there is a tonneau or roadster kit for the '66 Tbird. One of the members of So. Texas Tbird Club has one on his beautiful red '66. What a great looking Tbird that one is! I think that roadster kit can be made to fit any '58-'66 Tbird convertible...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 01-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

I actually don't like the wide whites on that body style. IMO, the correct 1" white walls would look MUCH better....

Just my opinion though.
-Jon

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road

I tend to agree with you there Jon, its just the wrong style for wide whites. Not surprisingly the car hasnt been sold as yet. I will be down where the car is shortly so will go and have a look at it to see just why they think it is worth so much.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Super-Experienced

fomoco59 is on a distinguished road

This was my '65, with aftermarket tonneau, wires and 1+" white walls. Sold for a mere $12k in 2000. Someone in Philadelphia got a nice car.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Super-Experienced

SandyBoy is on a distinguished road

There is a 100% identical car that comes yearly to the Summer car show
in my town. I think it's this car, even though I am in USA in New Jersey/ Sme wheels with a Cadillac center disc. Same Color w/Tonneau, same condition, I am sure it's this car. I will find out for sure in May-June.

PS - Yes the one here also has the wide WW tires on it. BINGO ! It's nicer that the pictuure make it look.

Last edited by SandyBoy : 01-15-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Super-Experienced

fomoco59 is on a distinguished road

CADILLAC Centers !!?? Blasphemy... not on my (old) car. They were black Thunderbird centers.
Yeah, have another look.

Mike Lemmon
'59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461
Old 01-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Super-Experienced

SandyBoy is on a distinguished road
Default Etc & etc.

I didn't see the group of little pics, before now. I looked. I am sure it's THAT car. If not, it's an identical one, but with the Tonneau...on a 1966? The tonneau has that black strip on it, too. I could be wrong on the wheel centers, as there were several 1964-1966 T-Bird 'Verts there, like 4 to 6 of them. One of the Convets had the correct wire wheels burt with a black background and a Caddy crest in the center. Not trusting memory as to which car it was - I think it was the Tahoe
Turq. one, though. He comes every year. I also beleive it has New Jersey Dealer plates on it. I was extremely beautiful and perfect. I will find out, come May or june. I recall that she also had factory A/C.

I really loved those 1966s with the ultra rare tonneau! Didn't care what color a car was, as lone as it had those wires & tonneau.There is also a BLACK one that SOMETIMES shows up. Red interior, standard full wheel disks, NO tonneau. It's excellent, but not perfection.I liked the recent T-Birds from 3 years ago, but seemingly nobody else did. They sold very very very few, here in New Jersey. Even today when you see one, it's an EVENT ! Neither I, nor my late parents, nor cousins ever owned one. We were all MOTHER MOPAR buyers, mostly Imperials. My Dad was a 1/3rd owner of a ICP store (Imperial-Chrysler-Plymouth) and e'one in the family went there to buy cars. They were all mostly Doctors & Lawyers, judges and business owners and bought Imps. I worked there. It was a good business. Small in town family run store, with a cap on expenses. AAA service, no funny business, and fair treatment for all. I miss it. Store closed in 1978. I ordered & bought the last Imp we got in. In a weak moment or dumbness I sold it in 1986 for a Mark 6. and them s Mark 8 and then a Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special in 1993 and now a 2003 Town Car. In the intrim Chrysler has gone down the tubes! Only the Charger SRT-8 has any pizzaz to it.