This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default '60TbirdLady's '60 Tbird HT

Linda, being new, does not yet have full access to the forums, though she can send PM's. She said I could post the pics I have of her pretty Tbird. Here is some of what she had to say.

"Yes please, go ahead and post the pictures of my car, I have no idea how to do it yet anyway.

It is not the original color, more of an Indian turquoise blue, the interior is black. She does present herself well, I could stand to do a complete new paint job like Brandon is doing, but I am forgiving the Garage Queen her little issues! So let's see, I bought her off of eBay a year ago in July. Saw it one morning and owned it that night. Was not particularly even looking for one, but there she was and I could not say no.

I have had some work done, detent plate, motor mounts, windows still have some issues, but she is garaged and that's a project for later, I do need to have the steering wheel redone. If you know anyone who has one for sale, let me know, it is white. The tires are 4 ply...NOT fun on uneven ground or going fast. But I am getting used to them.

Thanks, take care
Linda"

Now here are the two pictures I have to share with you so far. If Linda sends me more, I will share them with you. I good shot of the engine compartment, and interior would be nice!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lindas60tbird.jpg (31.2 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg lindas60tbird2.jpg (33.3 KB, 148 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 11-23-2008, 06:22 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Looks Sweet!!!
Regarding restoration of the steering wheel, Jed Zimmerman is "da man" to look up.
Hereīs what he wrote on another thread:

Folks, I believe I may have misquoted several Tbird owners on my cost to restore steering wheels. I know I had emailed with a gentleman in Canada and told him $350 for the wheel resto. Thought that person was Dan, but he told me it wasn’t. Just now can’t find in my archives who that person was. However, I had told Anders the same thing and in finally typing up my msword proposal for him I found that the cost should be $250 instead. So just figured it easiest to make this information available to all on the Squarebird list. The rear seat foams are $350 and the wheel restos are $250. Sorry for any mis-information I had conveyed previously to some folks.

Best Birding,
Jed Zimmerman
612-708-2144
‘58HT still for sale in MN
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Last edited by Anders : 11-23-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Super-Experienced

bcomo is on a distinguished road

Very nice car -- and welcome to the forum. I can see why you "had" to buy her.

Let us know if we can help with anything.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:35 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default '60TbirdLady's '60 Tbird HT

More comments from Linda. She cannot post yet because she has not been moderated yet.

"I am in Orange County, CA. I am pretty sure the interior is vinyl also, I will have to check that out, but the roof has a grain in it and is really pretty. (Rays note: The seats are all black. Cant tell from the picture if it is leather though) I have a 352 in it. It has been modified with a PVC to keep some of the exhaust from killing me...it also has headers on it. So it is not stock. Also the horn doesn't work, the ring is broken, actually I THINK it honks (I was told it does anyway but in 1 spot only and I can't find it). I had a '57 Ford and then a '69 Dodge Coronet RT...440..stick, my first love, boy do I wish I had it now...

As for names for 'our' Bird, some how I don't think you can repeat them in a public forum...ha ha, but it has to be the Garage Queen, I can't think of anything else that makes sense at the moment and being a woman...don't quite think Thelma or Louise is good!"

Here are some questions she has...

"I also have the original wire hub caps, but these came on it and I like them. Radio does not work. Heater only works in the summer from the engine heat...ha ha and the air is not connected. I seem to have a box of parts, so if anyone wants to come and visit feel free to view the mystery part box...

My next project is to get the generator out and put a 1 wire alternator in, being single and not happy about the thought of getting it stuck somewhere. But it started the third time after 7 weeks of not once trying. Also if I only drive it 80 miles a month, how often do I need to change the oil? Then that is another issue which grade goes in and what type of power steering oil and power brakes? How often? I also have not had the tranny oil done, how bad am I?"

Here are some more pix Linda sent me.. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lindas60T~ 005.jpg (69.2 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg Lindas60T~002.jpg (79.0 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg Lindas60T~013.jpg (88.0 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg Lindas60T~068.jpg (59.6 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg Lindas60T~125.jpg (60.3 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg Lindas60TBird352Engine.jpg (98.9 KB, 183 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 11-24-2008, 07:48 AM

About the horn, min works like this: Push on the left side of the horn-ring, or pull on the right side as the contact is somewhere 10 o clock in the centre.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:30 PM

'60TBirdLady is on a distinguished road

Hi Little Darlin Ruth~

I just went out and tried the push, pull theory on my steering wheel..it didn't work...oh well, add that to my Xmas list maybe?
Old 11-29-2008, 05:01 PM

Right,
Try to look into, from upside between the steering wheel and the steering collumn if you can see the little contact. Then check if it reach the steering collumn when you press the horn. If not, there is too much gap, ( mine was like that when i bought the car ) and you can adjust this by loosing the two BIG screws under the dash where the steering is connected to the dash. Then you need to pull the steering collumn towards ( up ) the steering wheel, and fasten the screws again. Usually, this require 3 hands and quite a strong arm as well. Then the distance between the contact and contact plate is shorter, and you should be able to honk again.
If your contact reach the contact plate when you look from upside and push the hornring, well, then you have another problem that I hade...
Best of luck.
Btw: Thatīs a GREAT looking car you got!

Last edited by Anders : 11-29-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road

I second Anders' comment - that is a great looking car you have Linda. There is something about turquoise and these cars, it just works.

Bill
Old 12-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Linda welcome to our site and you will find that their are many experienced members to help you along the way.Ray is one of them as you can see and if I can help in any way send me a pm e-mail. From the looks of your back seat and the ribbing design, I would say you have leather seats. My 60HT is similar in design and are very practical to keep clean as well as comfortable. It appears that Ford finally got the seating right in the last production year of the squarebirds. It is hoped that you also have factory air in your neck of the woods.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
Old 10-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Experienced

lawyercalif is on a distinguished road

What ever happened to Linda? I love the color of her car. It looks very close to the color I am going to paint my 59 convertible (58 Chevy Cashmere Blue).