This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:25 AM

tbird430convt is on a distinguished road
Default Alexander Pass away

I have the sad task to inform the club that at approximately
6:00 PM March 10,2008 Alexander Sosiak passed away after a year long battle with cancer. It is a great loss to me as a friend for 30 years and a fellow T-Bird collector. Before Al became a doctor he was one of the foremost experts on insects. In his thirties he decided to go to medical school. He graduated Columbia University and Albert Einstein Medical School. The one thing I loved about him is he never told anybody he was a doctor and never acted like pompous know it all even though he was a gifted genius. He was a great listener and buddy. He would give you the shirt off his back and never told me no when asked a favor. He never drank, smoked or cursed. He was just a really good guy. Al was probably the only doctor I knew that was always strapped for money because he was more interested in helping people than his collecting bills. Unfortunately he leaves behind his wife Julie whom he married just a short time ago. After spending a lot of time with Al the last year during his sickness I really feel that life is just not fair. Al will be deeply missed.
His friend, Keith Piacente
Old 03-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Super-Experienced

SandyBoy is on a distinguished road
Default Sadness, total Sadness

I am crying. I can hardly see to type this. I have known Alex for a long time. We met over on his L.O.D. board (Lincolns of Distinction) when we both had Mark8s. He has been to my house several times. He's agreat man. I had been calling him on his cell phone over the last 4 months or possibly longer. The last time I called (like 6 days ago) there was no answer. I did fear for the worst, after that & did not call again.
He had a very hard & stressful time speaking and that is why I didn't call again. As many of you know, I do not own, and have never owned, a T-Bird. Alex & I each started our own website to promote the cars we loved. I came on here to support this site, and Alex came on my board to support my site. That is how/why I got here.
This hits me very hard, as I too am currently battling Cancer, going for Chemo and the rest of it, and usually feel sick (85% of the time). I was diagnosed last October, but am doing okay - so far.
I had hope, alot of hope, that Alex would make it and win the battle. I truly believed that he would. Now, I fear for my own success.
Julie...
If you read this, my thoughts, my prayers are with you, and so is my sadness. You had a truly remarkable & devoted man, and he loved you - Oh, so very very much. I will really really miss him.

Sanford "Sandy" Block
cigarsandy@comcast.net

Last edited by SandyBoy : 03-11-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Super-Experienced

fomoco59 is on a distinguished road
Default Alex

Oh No... I'm in shock. I've been aquainted with Alex for 4 or 5 years also, altho we never met in person. A great guy to talk to and the "guru" of Squarebirds. A terrible loss.

Mike Lemmon
'59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461
Old 03-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Super-Experienced

tarps3 is on a distinguished road

Although I never met Alexander in person, we spoke on the phone during my work on my TBird. we emailed each other frequently.
What a genuinely nice human being. One of the few that were left in the world.
He was a friend and a gentleman to everyone he met and helped.

I lost my stepdad to cancer years ago - he raised me and taught me to be a man when everyone else had given up on me.
I think about him daily. Now I feel the familiar sense of loss again with Alexander's passing from this same evil disease.

I will pray for Alexander's family and I feel very sad (and frankly a little angry) hearing this news. Why is it the good guys always go first?

What a horrible vacuum now exists in the human race.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Experienced

Petrolhead is on a distinguished road

This news is so incredibly sad. I didn't know Alexander and am new to this message board, but reading today's posts, and those prior to his passing, leave no doubt that he was a great and well loved man.
My deepest sympathy to his family, friends and colleagues.
Alistair
Old 03-11-2008, 05:18 PM
DFTOWEL.com

LeoC2 is on a distinguished road

I just got the call from Julie about an hour ago. This is so sad, while expected it still comes as a shock. He will be sorely missed.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Experienced

frank58 is on a distinguished road

Totally speechless...........
Old 03-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Alexander Pass away

I did not have the honor or the privilege of knowing Alexander on a personal basis. I first became aware of him as the person who re-created the improved copy of the detente plate which I bought and put in my '59. Then I became a member of Squarebirds and read many of his posts. He was always helping people, answering questions for us "newbies" and giving us advice on our Birds.

Then I learned of his battle with cancer. A battle that I am very familiar with. It has been 10 years this past January that I lost my beloved wife, Faye, to this deadly disease. In her case, it was ovarian cancer. Her passing led me to create a website in her memory. That website led me to become very involved in ovarian cancer education and awareness. I now sit as an active board member on two ovarian cancer organizations in San Antonio.

So when Alexander (and others) commented on what they were going through regarding chemo and other treatments, I had a very good idea of what they were experiencing. He put up a great fight. As one of you said, it is a terrible thing to lose such a wonderful and talented person.. He will be sorely missed by all of us, especially those who have known him for so long.

We will forever remember him in our memories as the great man he was. I re-dedicate the rest of my life in helping to stamp out this terrible disease that took the life of a great man, and a great woman, and so many more great ones out there we may never know about.

I have to stop. I cannot see what I am typing for the tears...

Ray
'59 "Yellow Rose" VTCI #11178
Old 03-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Super-Experienced

tbirds8 is on a distinguished road

My deepest sympathys to Alex's faimily. I never meet him but feel like I've known him for years. Bill Newman
Old 03-11-2008, 07:59 PM

10tbird is on a distinguished road
Post My Uncle Alexander

Uncle Alexander was my favorite uncle.He took me to car shows, he bought me model cars(that I collect) and he gave me information I needed for my projects.Uncle Alexander was my best friend.I will never forget him.

Alexander's neice Kate