This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Experienced

430MEL is on a distinguished road
Default 1960 J-Code for sale

I have to sell my 1960 white over red hardtop. Has the 430, Continental Kit, Chrome Kit, Sunray hubcaps, new wide whites, Really sharp car, detailed engine compartment, period correct battery ($), super interior, still has original spare in trunk with full tire jack. I have the original build sheet. Less than 5K since rebuild. New Edelbrock carb, Still have original carb with TAG. $17,500 or best offer! Email me for photos and more details at Yblocker56@yahoo.com
Thanks
Old 03-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Super-Experienced

GTE427 is on a distinguished road

430MEL's 60 430 Ht is back on the market. Currently on ebay ending this Tuesday. The car wound up in South Jersey, 15 minutes from my home. The new owner is citing the economy, but isn't giving it away, at least any time soon.

This car is absolutely gorgeous!! Looked at it yesterday for about 2 hours. The temptation to buy is strong, but we're about $2500 away from each other. I'd say the car is well worth his price given the cost to restore these cars, this one is more than ready to roll. But with the economy, I'd like the assurance of a quick sale if need be and likewise I'm being cautious with spending at this time.

430MEL did a nice job maintaining and updating this car while he had it. Understand he's riding a Harley now instead.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Well Ken did you buy her?

I see someone used the "Buy It Now" option for $14.5K. That seemed very fair for that nice squarebird....

-Jon

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Super-Experienced

GTE427 is on a distinguished road

No...........

He was willing to take $14 and I was shy of money. between talking it over with my wife at lunch time and trying to find/raise extra cash, someone else got it.

I spoke with the seller afterwards, the buyer saw it Tuesday for the first time, drove an hour to see it, was thrilled and called home for his wife to hit the buy it now button. this car was that good and a bargain at that price.

The seller is confident the deal will hold but kept my number in case of any problems. The car is to be picked up Saturday. The buyer is in New Jersey so the car will remain local to me, it's a small world, never know what the future will bring.

This car was spectacular, I'm still whinning that I let this one get away. Even came with the correct Carter 2992S and a working WS washer. I'll be whinning for weeks to come.