This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Need 430cid pwr strg Pump.

Dose anyone here have a lead on a used (or new) 430cid rear mount style Eaton power steering pump? I need one bad!!! All the local shops here and even The Bird Nest have NO CORES!!

The power steering pump on my Bird appears to be a front mount pump "modified" with bolts shims & washers to fit my car....

Any help is much appreciated.

*** On a side note, Bart. *** My father did mention we were working on my AC compressor "fun mounting bolt" with my hood still off the car. Maybe that is another reason we could install it easier than you....?

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Super-Experienced

bcomo is on a distinguished road

I'll keep an eye out for a PS pump for you.

I think that no hood helps a little. No radiator would help even more.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Super-Experienced

Exclamation

Well Bart, guys, AUTOZONE called me back. They said the found 1 in a wharehouse and can have it this Wednesday!!!

They even asked me if it was an Eaton or Ford pump, & if it was front or rear mount!!!

Maybe I'll get lucky after all!!!

-Jon

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Super-Experienced

bcomo is on a distinguished road

Great News !!!!!

Is ours a Front Mount, or Rear Mount?

If it's the right one, please give me that AutoZone Part number when you get a chance -- you never know.

Last edited by bcomo : 07-21-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Super-Experienced

Arrow

Our 430's seem to be the REAR mount difference here (and rarer if u can imagine that).

The PN# is 6049, just like in The Bird Nest catalogue!! But, let me "believe it when I see it" this Wnds. afternoon Bart. You can go to www.autozone.com and type in the PN#, but is only gives us the front view w/o pulley or the top reservoir (which is useless IMO).

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Super-Experienced

Exclamation

IT WORKS!!! Autozone PN# 6049 is the correct type Eaton rear mount power steering pump for our 430cid Thunderbirds guys!!!! It even has that grand 'ol Limited Lifetime Warranty!! So that works out even better the younger you are!!! LOL!!!

Hopefully I will be driving my bird this Sunday....?

VTCI Member#6287.