This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Experienced

Gold Bird is on a distinguished road

Its funny, when Dad bought the car new he really wanted a red bird, they did not have one when he was ready to buy though. He paid $3,500.00 for the car, which he said was a great price. I love red cars but I am glad he got the gold color, it really turns heads! I can still remember riding in the back seat as a kid and going through snow storms here in Michigan. I am the same age as the car, easy to remember!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Tom outstanding convertible and and a tribute to the squarebirds of old.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
Old 06-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Super-Experienced

fomoco59 is on a distinguished road

My father-in-law drove a 60 for while back in the day and said they were just terrible in the snow. I guess we wouldn't know !

Mike Lemmon
'59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461
Old 06-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Administrator

byersmtrco is on a distinguished road

That's funny !! Me too!!! The TB is 7 mo's older than me. We went everywhere in that car when I was a kid.

That is a VERY nice car. Well done!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Bird View Post
Its funny, when Dad bought the car new he really wanted a red bird, they did not have one when he was ready to buy though. He paid $3,500.00 for the car, which he said was a great price. I love red cars but I am glad he got the gold color, it really turns heads! I can still remember riding in the back seat as a kid and going through snow storms here in Michigan. I am the same age as the car, easy to remember!
Poss 3rd Gen T/B owner
Old 06-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Experienced

Gold Bird is on a distinguished road

Another funny story for you, Dad went back to the dealer and had them install seat belts. He thought it would be best for us kids, my sister is 4 years older. The Ford dealer told Dad he must be a bad driver if he thinks the car should have seat belts!!! LOL.....
Old 06-30-2008, 01:05 AM
Administrator

byersmtrco is on a distinguished road

Mine only had em in the passenger side rear. I have since installed complete belts.
Poss 3rd Gen T/B owner
Old 06-30-2008, 08:02 AM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road
Default Seat belts

A little off topic but in the current subject, do you guys over in the states have to have seat belts installed?

Bill
Old 06-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Bill not sure about the States but in Canada we don't. I had seat belts installed, from a parts supplier for the safety factor in the front only, as my wife and I feel a lot more comfortable when cruisin. That being said if the vehicle came off the assembly without seat belts then they aren't required similar to the fender mirrors. Between you and me I can't see why anyone, would drive these old birds ( or any car for that matter ) with this amount of weight and the crazy drivers out there without them.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
Old 06-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Arrow

No. Here in the U.S. we only have to have them for the 1964-5? and up vehicles (the year they became standard equipment here). Probably about half of us add them to our vehicles for the added safety factor though...

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:01 AM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Here, we must have them on all cars build from 1968. Before that, only if it was standard.
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158