This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Apprentice

joe1946 is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks again

I appreciate everyones input. I like the idea of a dual master cylinder. Does someone make a kit for the squarebirds? I'm also thinking of trying to find a less than perfect console that I could modify for gauges. I was looking on the web last night and there are some really nice looking gauge pods out there that would blend in nicely with the console. Then I wouldn't have to cut up mine. Look out, there goes the credit card.
Thanks again.
Joe
Old 01-21-2008, 01:46 PM
John

JohnG is on a distinguished road

see what George (TChicken) did to his at

http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin...ghlight=gauges

They are above the radio and look quite sharp!

john
Old 01-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Apprentice

joe1946 is on a distinguished road
Default They do look good.

I looked at that site and he did an excellent job. The gauges really look like they belong there. I can't bring myself to cut up my dash so I'm looking at gauges on the console. I've got an idea in my head, it might not work but I'm in the progress of working on it.
What about the dual master cylinder?? I'm really interested in that, another good idea for safety.
The list is starting to grow.
Thanks.
Joe
Old 01-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Experienced

skyd is on a distinguished road

I picked up my dual master cylinder wiythout the booster at the local napa store. I believe I got one from a mid 70's granada. There are posts about the conversion on this site. I also picked up the conversion kit from http://www.abspowerbrake.com, they have everything you need to convert the front to power brakes without having to modify the spindles. Hope this helps!! and good luck.

As far as modifying goes. I agree with the guys that say do what makes you happy, as long as you keep her looking good.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:31 AM
John

JohnG is on a distinguished road

Brake mod: were you able to do it and use the stock rims?? I hate changing rims in part because the tire guys beat up the beads on the tires. Not to mention cost...

As a direction to discuss, there are modifications that make the car safer and those that make it more environmentally friendly.

Certainly disk brakes make it safer (those drums are marginal at best).

PCV systems, better ignitions and unleaded gas all make the car greener. Overflow containers for the coolant might be as well.

Any of these things make for a better car that is, in my opinion, hard to fault.

On the other hand, cutting a hole in the console for a GSP seems to violate things a bit...

john
58 Hardtop
Old 01-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Experienced

skyd is on a distinguished road

Good point with the brakes John. I have 16" Torque Thrusters on mine, so the disc conversion wasn't an issue.

Most of the disc brakes do not allow the use of the original rims on these cars.

I also did keep all the parts from all the mods I have done, including the old drums. You never know!!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Super-Experienced

tbirds8 is on a distinguished road

I think 95 ford ranger truck wheels will work. And nobody knows! And you can use your hubcaps.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Administrator

byersmtrco is on a distinguished road

I'm running 15's on mine. However, I tried a later model 14" (Off a mid 70's Ranchero) but they cleared. It was close, but they cleared.
Poss 3rd Gen T/B owner