This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Super-Experienced

bcomo is on a distinguished road

That is so cool.

Is there a chance that you could find out what the name is of that Chrome Paint? I am in serious need of that.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Apprentice

roadkillontheweb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcomo View Post
That is so cool.

Is there a chance that you could find out what the name is of that Chrome Paint? I am in serious need of that.

Thanks
Your in luck!
He actually sent me a link to the website.
http://www.sprayonchrome.com/index2.html
Old 10-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Super-Experienced

bcomo is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Experienced

skyd is on a distinguished road

I bid on it as well, My 6yr old would love to have a tbird like dad's!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Apprentice

Default 1960 Thunderbird junior taillights progress

I thought you guys might be inerested in seeing the progress on the 1960 Thunderbird Junior taillight lens and bezels that I am working on?

Here are all of the final pieces loose fit together. I have some final trimming and then I can start gluing the pieces together. After that I will have to fill in any gaps and do any final smoothing before I make the final mold.

I am sure these are more accurate to the full size detail than the originals but I have also never found an original that has survived. The taillights will be vacuum formed and will stick in from the backside where there is a recessed lip to fit and hold them in place. They will come in clear plastic and will need to be painted translucent red and white to match the full size. The bezel and backplate will come as one solid piece that will need painted or chrome plated?

I sure hope I sell more than one set because this project has been one heck of a lot of work!
Old 08-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Apprentice

Guess I never did update this thread when I finished the 1960 Thunderbird JR taillight lens and bezel project. Here it is. Or at least 2/3rds of it so you can see the detail.

The back piece and everything is formed as one piece and there are screws cast into the assembly to allow for mounting. Once the lenses and bezel are painted the whole assembly is mounted to the body over the taillight bulbs. Yes you could even do a back up lenses. The lenses are done in clear plastic so they can be painted with translucent red paint to give that realistic red tint to the lens for the operating lights.

I also don't think I have updated the thread since frames have become available? Check the Youtube video for the frames.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-X1i8t9zY4
When I get another body order for this body I will post a video for the 58-60 body on Youtube also.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Super-Experienced

Dakota Boy is on a distinguished road

holy smokes

those little cars are cool
Old 08-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default 1958-60 Thunderbird Junior body from original mold

I was really pleased to see Lee posting again regarding his progress with the Tbird Junior cars! There is a whole section that covers the Junior cars that Lee has been working on. There are three pages of postings in it for those who want to read up on Tbird and other Junior cars. They played an important part in advertising the Tbirds in their early years. Here is the link.

http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin...derbird+Junior

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 08-16-2010, 11:48 PM
Apprentice

I have been rather busy lately with making new molds and just life in general. I had some hits from this thread to my server today so i took a look and saw that I never updated the thread.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Apprentice

Paulie9fingers is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

AWESOME !!!!!!!

Dr Emmett Brown, 1985