This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:33 PM
Super-Experienced

dgs is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 16in. wheels

Thanks for the input. I just got off the phone with Discount Tire. I'll be going in with my Honda Odyssey to get tires on Saturday and to place the order for the 'Bird wheels. They said they'll follow up on Monday with Boyd to get advice on fitment. I'll bring the car in for them to have a look too. Although I've done my homework, I want this to be their recomendation, not mine. Then if anything goes wrong, I can hold them to making it right.

As far as the 9" width goes, I may need to go up to a 5" back space in the rear, but I think it will fit. There seems to be plenty of room around the tires on it now (dinky 215/70R14 blackwalls) and they're nearly 8.5" wide and the 225/75R14 wide whites folks use are almost 9" wide, even thought the rim is only 5.5". So at 255, I'm only adding a little more than 1 1/8" (30mm) to the stock tires' section width. My biggest concern will be gettign them up under the fender and over the drum. The extra 4" inside the wheel should help that.

I'll post a picture or two when I get it done.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Experienced

skyd is on a distinguished road

Definately post some, I love to see other birds that are a little different. Great Idea with having discount make the recommendation.

The research I did was based on 16X8. I am sure if you did your homework then you should have no problems.

good luck anf post when you get done.

Later
Old 05-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Super-Experienced

OK, what luck. Boyd just [link:www.billetwheel.com|posted some new wheels] today. They're called [link:www.billetwheel.com/wheels/jyd.htm|Junk Yard Dog] and are similar to the Smoothie's but a bit more aggressive. I've already got an email into Boyd about them.

Check them out:

http://www.billetwheel.com/wheels/jyd1.jpg
Old 05-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Administrator

byersmtrco is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 16 in. wheels

Again . . . Definently SWEET !!!

I'd like to see more pics of that !!!!
What does it have for an eng?

________
Zx14 Vs Hayabusa

Last edited by byersmtrco : 04-05-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Experienced

skyd is on a distinguished road

byersmtrco,

Thanks! I will try to post some more this weekend, I don't have any recent ones, but soon.

Hopefuly this weekend I will be getting the engine back in the car.
It has a 352(I think, no numbers on the block to know for sure)I had some work done to it over the winter and just been too lazy in rebuilding it. I through a t6 tranny in, headers, a cam, intake, lot's of chrome, and I took the block and heads to a local machine shop for a bath and checkup. So far the engine's looking and coming together good.

I also will be getting new exhaust next week, nice loud glass packs, which I have in the garage attached with 2.5" pipes.

I just fear the un-known! But it's all in fun I just miss driving her and can't wait to get back on the road.

I will post pics when she's running. would love the input.

Later,
Marc
Old 05-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Super-Experienced

Heading to Discount tonight to order the 17" x 8" Junkyard Dogs with 235/55R17 Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires. The consensus was the 9" width was too much in front. Would have probably worked in the back, but the 17's aren't available in 9" wide and the 18's are too much money. Besides, the slight extra side wall height will help the ride some.

6-8 weeks to get them though. Was the same price and wait either way. While I'm waiting I'll be re-doing the front end and putting new shocks on.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:55 PM

MYTBIRD1960 is on a distinguished road

love the look of those wheels, im about to install dis brakes on the
front of my bird. what do u have to do to get those wheels to fit proper...tys.Msgt. W. Gaines
Old 09-24-2005, 12:30 AM
Super-Experienced

I thought I had posted a picture here, maybe in another thread. I got my wheels back in mid August and the car looks fantastic:

http://www.salguod.net/images/tbird/wheels_after.jpg

They're exactly the size I described in the post above and I don't think I could be happier. They fill the wheel wells and give the car just the right stance.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Experienced

Shorebird is on a distinguished road

Do you have disc brakes on this car? If so can I put them on a car that has a 14X5.5 size rim?
Shorebird
Old 09-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Administrator

byersmtrco is on a distinguished road

Not the stock Ford rims for that year. You need 14x6's to clear the calipers. It's the offset too. Standard later model Ford (or Chrysler) 14x6's will work.

JB

________
NO2 VAPORIZER

Last edited by byersmtrco : 04-05-2011 at 11:58 AM.