This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Apprentice

brandonian is on a distinguished road
Default My 60 Bird

I've put in a replacement windshield, removed the rust in the doors, and had it repainted, otherwise it's almost all original!

The chrome was amazing! I was lucky!

I'm going to put the radio antennae on the trunk, instead of leaving it on the fender. (I just like how that looks.)

I'm needing to replace the padded dash, side mirrors, head liner. I also need to get the radio, temp gauge, fuel gage, and clock and wipers to working again.

Need to upgrade some more of the metal mouldings and trims on the doors and console, they're pretty worn.

Got some of those replaced by Nick's T-Bird's. Highly recommend them!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Super-Experienced

tbirds8 is on a distinguished road

Nice lookin car and welcome. Yep the mirrows have to go.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Webmaster

Alexander is on a distinguished road

Nice color combination. They reproduce the correct mirrors for 1960.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Super-Experienced

fomoco59 is on a distinguished road

Pretty car... almost looks like the Sunroof Car you have at the top of the page Alexander.

Mike Lemmon
'59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461
Old 08-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Smile

That is a GREAT looking Bird!!! Must be the two-tone combo, it just SCREAMS "classic".
The optional hub cap center medallions look great on that color too!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Apprentice

Thanks guys! I have had a couple old cars, a Chevy, a Chrysler, Plymouth, etc.

But this one car has become an obsession!

I almost bought a 1962 Thunderbird locally, but then I happened across the 1960 body style and fell in love with it.

Looked for about 5 months, finally found this one about 2 hours away. Bought it immediately, and every spare dime has gone to getting it as I want it.

I've got about 10 catalogs here, and have been surfing ebay and asking around.

My dash is perfect except for a tear on the far right passenger's side ... and some slight sagging from age. It's blue, and of course the repros only come in black and white, so I will have to dye the vinyl.

Personally, I hate this because the dye job, no matter how good, never lasts as long as it should.

I also need to replace the hinge covers, but they are only available in black and red, so they'd have to be dyed/painted as well.

Does anyone recommend any dyes or paints for these? Any suggestions on making them permanent? I've seen some of the nicest restorations with flaking and scratches and rubs.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Webmaster

Alexander is on a distinguished road

I have an new old blue dashpad. It is not a reproduction. Contact me by private message if interested.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Super-Experienced

Bob M is on a distinguished road
Cool

I dyed my green dash black I used dye from Eastwood I don't know how it will hold up yet as I am still working on my 59 you have a nice looking start on you car good luck www.eastwood.com 1-800-345-1178 Bob M
Old 11-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Apprentice

Okay, it's been about a year and a 3 months since I posted photos.

I've been busy with work and school, and money has been tight, so I haven't been able to do much with the car.

When I first got it, I had the windshield replaced, worked on the doors, and had a friend of mine throw some paint on it to make it look "okay" until I could afford a quality paint job. (Didn't look to bad from 5 feet away, but it would be scruitinized by anyone giving it a closer look.)

So, I took it to a paint guy here that's done all the paint jobs on the cars that seem to win most often at local car shows. And, he happened to repaint my Mustang for me a couple years back so I know his work well.

I saved my money for a year, and I've taken the car to him and he's taking off the last paint job and going to give me a quality one.

I've surprised myself though cause I'm not going with the original paint! Can't believe I'm gonna do it, but I'm having him do a slight custom paint job with the fenders and doors painted to match the top.

What's your opinion?

Last edited by brandonian : 11-21-2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: messed up on the picture links
Old 11-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Super-Experienced

bcomo is on a distinguished road

Brandon:

What tires are you running in this photo -- They are radials I think. What's the brand and size?

Last edited by bcomo : 11-21-2008 at 09:41 PM.