This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:57 PM

david.randall is on a distinguished road
Default Installing fender skirts on '66

Folks,

I have a '66 HT, and I want it to have skirts. Do I have to do anything except take off the chrome strip and install the skirts? Is there other mounting hardware.

Thanks,

David Randall
British Columbia
Old 07-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Webmaster

Alexander is on a distinguished road

There are threaded pins that go on the front and back of the opening. These are available from most T-Bird dealers for about $3 each. I would advise getting new gaskets also.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Super-Experienced

tbirds8 is on a distinguished road

You'll have to get the chrome for the skirt. Out of the 64 .66 it was the only one that
had chrome molding. You should have holes in your rear fenders so you can put the pins in. I know what you mean they
NEED them. Looks Good...........................Bill
Old 07-19-2007, 02:17 AM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

My '66 has chrome on the front fender-openings but nothing on the rear - i.e.skirt or fender.

Is the chrome meant to run along the bottom of the skirt - and is there meant to be a gacket between fender and skirt?
Old 07-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Super-Experienced

Yes only the 66 had chrome moldings. If you didn't have skirts
it was on the fender. If it came with them they were on the skirt. ebay is where to look for those. I've seen them on there.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:10 PM

david.randall is on a distinguished road
Default Chrome mouldings on fender to skirts?

Do I understand correctly that the chrome mouldings that are now on my fender will fit on the bottom of the skirts, or do I need different chrome for the skirts?
Old 07-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Super-Experienced

No. If your car came with chrome on the wheel wells it never had skirts. The chrome from the fender woun.t fit the skirt.but if the chrome is missing on the rear fender then you might already have the pins cause the skirts are missing.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Super-Experienced

OK, got the chrome trim bit figured out - what's the story about the gasket?
What is it made of and how thick is it?
Can you still get them?
Old 10-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Super-Experienced

STILL trying to find out how to make/where to get the gaskets I think should be between th efenders and the skirts - anybody out there in T-bird land able to help??
Old 10-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Webmaster

Alexander is on a distinguished road

The T-Bird parts vendors have gaskets for your skirts.