X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 430bird60
    Experienced
    • Dec 30 2008

A/C Sight Glass O-Rings

My 60 has the original a/c system. Compressor is rebuilt and I plan to replace the hoses. I'm looking for the o-rings that go in the sight glass. I've checked with many a/c shops including Original Air and they will rebuild mine but don't sell the kit. Thunderbird Headquarters has a rebuild kit for $60.00 which includes two o-rings, two washers and the glass or they have a rebuilt sight glass for $170.00. Pretty pricey, especially the rebuild kit. All I need are the o-rings and washers. Anyone know where I can purchase the o-rings and washers? I don't know the size of the o-rings or exactly what they look like. Thanks.
    Ken
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Other than the glass itself the parts look like over the counter parts. You can get an a/c o-ring set at any auto store that has a number of different size o-rings for about $5.00. I'm pretty sure one size will fit. As for the copper washers any hardware/home center store should have them for a few cents. You have to take yours apart anyway so just take the parts with you to compare.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎