This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:22 AM
Silent Thunder Silent Thunder is offline
Join Date: Sep 15 2014
Posts: 20
Silent Thunder is on a distinguished road
Default Where is the Constant Voltage Regulator?

I am going to change mine and was wondering where on the back of the instrument panel is this located on a 65 Tbird?
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:11 AM
YellowRose's Avatar
YellowRose YellowRose is offline
Super-Experienced and a really nice guy!
Join Date: Jan 21 2008
Posts: 12,747
YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Where is the Constant Voltage Regulator?

Bill, this link will tell you where to find the CVR unit on a '65 Tbird to replace it. However before you do, let me suggest something to you... First the link.

Now, before you replace it with an OEM CVR unit, (mostly made in China these days, and often reportedly fail), you might consider replacing it with a modern solid state CVR unit. You can get them from some companys for about $55, plus shipping. Or from the Bird Nest for $44.95, plus shipping, Model #1084E.

However, do we have a deal for you! I see you are not a Paid Member of this Forum. Our great webmaster, Dave Dare, AKA
simplyconnected happened to make solid state CVR units guaranteed not to fail, or he will replace it. I don't know of one that has failed yet. He builds them with voltage protection build in, so that if it should ever fail, it will NOT allow the 12v to get to the 6v gauges and fry them. Rather than me going into a long winded outline of how to do this, just click on this link from the Anything Goes sub-Forum. All there information is there. Yes, you will have to send him your old CVR unit so he can build the new one in it and send it back to you. I have been running a solid state CVR in my '59 and so far, it has never failed me. Here is the link. Read the initial entry in Post #1.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Driving, racing or working on cars can be hazardous. The procedures and advice on this website including the message board are opinion only. and its webmasters and contributors do not guarantee the correctness of the advice and procedures. The and its webmasters assume no liability for any damage, fines, punishment, injury or death resulting from following these procedures or advice. If you do not have the skills or tools to repair your car, please consult a professional. By using this site you agree to hold harmless the, its authors and its webmasters from any resulting claim and costs that may occur from using the information found on this site.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Any submissions to this site and any post on this site becomes property of . The webmasters reserve the right to edit and modify any submissions to this site. All material on this is site is copyrighted by the Reproduction by any means other than for personal use is strictly prohibited. Permission to use material on this site can be obtained by contacting the webmasters. Copyright 2002-2016 by