This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:26 PM
Experienced

Restifier52 is on a distinguished road
Default Cable Clip

Hi everyone! Long time no post. I have my car back now sporting manual rack and pinion steering. I'm putting it back together and I was wondering if anyone could post a photo of the firewall where the hood release cable is being held by those clips. Thanks.

Rick
Thunderbird Registry #35780
Old 06-07-2018, 09:39 PM
Super-Experienced

Tbird1044 is on a distinguished road

I'm not 100% sure of what your are looking for. I had some pics of my hood latch, but they don't show the cable retaining clips.
As I recall, the hood cables are the same cables used for your heating and air ducts. The metal shielded cable is compressed, and held in place, at the hood latch. I don't remember any retention at the firewall, just a rubber grommet where it passes through. I may be able to find a picture that shows the clip for the heating and air cables if that would help. Let me know.
Nyles
Old 06-07-2018, 10:19 PM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Don't think my garage lights would be good enough for a pic but here are some old ones I had on dropshots - maybe they will help?

(probably not exactly correct either because I added the A/C to my non-A/C car - but anyway - here they are)

Eric
Old 06-11-2018, 01:52 PM
Experienced

Restifier52 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Eric. That's what I was looking for.
Rick
Thunderbird Registry #35780
Old 06-11-2018, 07:13 PM
Experienced

sidewalkman is on a distinguished road

Hey Eric

What's your master cylinder off of?

Red Leather Interior!
www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
Thunderbird Registry #61266
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm
Old 06-11-2018, 08:32 PM
Super-Experienced

Rick - no problem on the pics - glad it helped

Scott - that's part of my front disc conversion I did about 13 or so years ago.
I think asked for a 75 Tbird or maybe Mustang master cyl when I bought it - just wanted some type of master cyl that was Disc/Drum.
Probably need to think about replacing it since it's been on there more than 13 years now.
All my old info on part numbers I used are packed away from a recent move. I'll see if I can dig out the info as far as a part number....... but don't hold your breath.
The booster is an original '60 Tbird booster with the front part exchanged with a later Lincoln booster. Those two boosters are exactly the same except the Lincoln has the two studs so that you can install a modern Disc/Drum master cyl. Power Brake Booster Exchange (aka Booster Dewy) did the conversion for me back in 2004.
Still working perfectly although on the down side the cost back in 2004 was $311 but that was a straight purchase of a rebuilt and converted unit as I wanted to keep my original one so it included a core charge.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Eric
Old 06-11-2018, 09:23 PM
Super-Experienced

Couple of other pics

The stamping numbers on the end are 62101 and 1560 - can't read the other? Those numbers don't really seem to cross to any master cyl of the 70's era that I found but I'll keep looking for my info.

Edit..
Found it.
Master Cylinder was ordered for a '77 Lincoln Mark V with the 460.
Part #: 10-1603 Line: BHH

Last edited by DKheld : 06-11-2018 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Found the part #
Old 06-12-2018, 11:42 AM
Experienced

sidewalkman is on a distinguished road

Thanks Eric!
Red Leather Interior!
www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
Thunderbird Registry #61266
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm