This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:37 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Me & A Cat 4 Hurricane Harvey....

This mornings update: TS Harvey has gone ashore in the area of the Texas/Louisiana border. Radar shows that Houston is entirely clear of the storm bands, and the rain should be gone. The storm is projected to continue dumping rain on Louisiana and other States to the east of it, as it moves up towards Memphis...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 08-31-2017, 12:59 AM

Tonights Update: Harvey has been downgraded from a Tropical Storm to a Tropical Depression as it starts to move northeast away from the Texas/Louisiana coast. Eventually, it will clear Louisiana and move up into Tennessee. Storm bands continue to pummel Louisiana, the Florida Panhandle, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia and the Carolinas. There have been 27 deaths reported now, including 6 in one family when their van was washed away. One person managed to escape from it. There are reported to be 17 other deaths that are being investigated as possibly storm related. People in the flood areas are being rescued by the thousands, from the air by helicopters, the "Texas & Louisiana Navy" of fishing, and air boats, and neighbors just wading through the water and rescuing their neighbors and getting them to shelters. This storm will probably go down as the greatest storm damage in history, especially because of the severe flooding. I saw an estimate of $160 BILLION in the future to repair the damage.. No one will know until much further down the road. The total rainfall either has exceeded that which Hawaii received some years ago, or is very close to it. I have seen reports of 52 inches officially of rain..

I have not mentioned this before, but some of our Forum members have friends and family living in the San Antonio, Houston, and Louisiana area... Some of them have let me know how their friends and family have faired.... Of course, we also have a good number of our fellow Tbird owners who also live in the area of this storm. We can only hope that they, their family, homes and Tbirds have survived... When you can, those of you who are Tbird owners and members of this Forum, please let me know how you are fairing...

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Last edited by YellowRose : 08-31-2017 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Additional Comments...
Old 08-31-2017, 03:23 PM

Today Update on TS Harvey, now downgraded to a Low system and moving out of the northeastern corner of Louisiana. Search, rescue and recovery operations continue on in the Houston, East Texas, Louisiana area as flood waters start to go down. This will probably be the last report on Hurricane Harvey by me.

However, Tropical Storm Irma is making it's way across the Atlantic and is not really indicating which direction it might go in. Some models say it will hit the Leeward Islands. Others say Florida or the Carolina's. It is forecasted to be the next Stage 4 Hurricane to enter our area...

Here is a picture of what IH-10 looked like at the height of the flooding. This picture was said to be taken between Houston and Beaumont. No! That is NOT the Gulf you are looking at! That was the freeway! As many of you know, that is the main interstate that links the West Coast to the East Coast in Florida, and runs right through the heart of San Antonio. I have driven that interstate in both directions to both coasts and I have NEVER, EVER seen it look like that, even after driving it shortly after a Hurricane hit in past years. Here is that picture...

Joe Johnston just sent me a pic that his daughter sent him showing the water rising. He does not know where this is, but it is a good example of how quickly conditions can change.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (33.4 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG9538711_2.jpg (91.9 KB, 54 views)

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Last edited by YellowRose : 08-31-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:09 PM

Default Longggg Lines To Gas Up Your Car!!!

Due to the shutdown of most of the refineries here in Texas, the offshore oil well production, and reduced flow through the major pipelines that supply the eastern half of the country, there are major lines of cars lined up to gas up. I just got back from a food run and every gas station in my neighborhood, probably all across San Antonio, and I know in the DFW area, and probably much of Texas and other States have drivers sitting in long lines to top off their tanks before it is all gone. The prediction is that we may be short on gas by Labor Day... Luckily, I knew about this and was able to top off my tank early this morning before the news got out about this... Hopefully, the 4 refineries in Corpus Christi will be back up and running by this weekend, as they think they might... But the major ones over in the East Texas area are all shut down presently. Yesterday, gas here was at $2.19gal, and has been that way for awhile. Now I have seen it as high as $2.29, and at one station, $2.45gal!

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Last edited by YellowRose : 08-31-2017 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:43 PM
Super-Experienced

Joe Johnston is on a distinguished road

Here in FL regular is up 20 - 30 to $2.35 $2.49. HOWEVER our ethanol free or E0 has not changed and still was $2.78 this afternoon. Driven by availability, demand, or politics??? May need to get the Thunderbirds filled up too!
Old 08-31-2017, 09:50 PM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road

The price of gas, wow I wish...... ours is the equivalent of $4.08USD per US gallon. Makes the old sunday drive an expensive bit of fun but we look pn the bright side, it is our choice to drive V8's and not hybrids.

Also great to hear you are OK Ray, although that was never in doubt for a service vet!
Old 09-01-2017, 09:27 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Bill we are in litres so our equivalent would be around the same with he conversion to USD. Our prices at the pumps just jumped .13 cents due to supply and also our long Labour Day weekend.

ours is the equivalent of $4.08USD per US gallon.
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023
Old 09-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

Wow!

It's NZ$7:60 a US gallon here - and that is for Regular!
(Equal to US$5.50 a US gallon.)

Hence why MPG is pretty important over here - (14miles per US gallon for our '66 Town Landau)

But it takes a Kiwi just as much work to earn a $ as it does a US guy.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:52 AM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
Today Update on TS Harvey, now downgraded to a Low system and moving out of the northeastern corner of Louisiana. Search, rescue and recovery operations continue on in the Houston, East Texas, Louisiana area as flood waters start to go down. This will probably be the last report on Hurricane Harvey by me.

However, Tropical Storm Irma is making it's way across the Atlantic and is not really indicating which direction it might go in. Some models say it will hit the Leeward Islands. Others say Florida or the Carolina's. It is forecasted to be the next Stage 4 Hurricane to enter our area...

Here is a picture of what IH-10 looked like at the height of the flooding. This picture was said to be taken between Houston and Beaumont. No! That is NOT the Gulf you are looking at! That was the freeway! As many of you know, that is the main interstate that links the West Coast to the East Coast in Florida, and runs right through the heart of San Antonio. I have driven that interstate in both directions to both coasts and I have NEVER, EVER seen it look like that, even after driving it shortly after a Hurricane hit in past years. Here is that picture...

Joe Johnston just sent me a pic that his daughter sent him showing the water rising. He does not know where this is, but it is a good example of how quickly conditions can change.
Wow, that's pretty incredible!
I feel for all those people and business's that have been flooded out.
It's going to be a long process to sort out that mess...
Old 09-06-2017, 11:08 PM

I thought I would give you another update on the results of Hurricane Harvey. Tonight they were reporting that there are 70 deaths related to this hurricane. Parts of Houston are still feet deep in water, with people not able to get into their homes to survey the damage. Slowly the recovery is beginning, and refineries are coming back on line. You would not know it in San Antonio, as many, many gas stations are without gas still. I was able to find gas at my local station, and top off my tank. Though all the higher grades of gas were gone. Regular is all that was left, which is what I use. So I took advantage of the opportunity...

I have not heard anything from our members in the Houston or Louisiana area regarding their status of their homes or their Tbirds. There is a large VTCI club in the Houston and Louisiana area, and a good number of our Forum members are in that area. I can only hope that none of them lost their homes or their Tbirds... Please let us know, as you can, how you are.

Now we are being faced with the possibility of the same thing happening to the many members we have in Florida and that area. Pray that Irma takes a swing to the northeast, and moves EAST of Florida and out into the Atlantic. Otherwise, this nation might be faced with having to recover from the largest Hurricane ever recorded, they are reporting.. With another one, coming in behind that!

"It's Hip To Be Square"