This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:53 AM
Super-Experienced

bird 60 is on a distinguished road

Hi Michael, yes, I would be interested. Are they new? Is it a complete set with the in between gasket. Can you send pictures, & how much are we looking at.

Thank you.....Chris
Old 06-14-2017, 04:05 AM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird 60 View Post
You're right Bill it is Marco, but his is a '58 & doesn't have the long T. Bird emblem. The '58 has a round, & the '59 has the small emblem & not in the centre.
When are you coming to Adelaide?

Chris.
Ah, thats right!

Did a flash trip 2 weeks ago to see the Crows crush Fremantle, in Saturday and out Sunday....no time for anything unfortunately. I will be back in September for finals ( I hope ) so I will let you know then, and we can just hope that its not a Power v Crows match or we might not want to catch up!!
Old 06-14-2017, 04:41 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Port Windows

I can tell you this about Marco's '58 in the Netherlands with port hole windows. They were already installed in the car when he bought it and had it shipped to him. I know this because that Tbird came out of San Antonio, as I documented it for him. So he had nothing to do with installing them. Personally, I like the port hole look of the Babybirds, and also in the Squarebirds. Others may not, but I do.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 06-14-2017, 05:45 AM
Super-Experienced

Hi Ray, I think we both share similar, as you have customized your "ROSE" some what, in good taste of course. About the only 2 main things that I would be looking at, is the Port Windows & possibly the sequential rear indicators.
We haven't heard from Marco for awhile, I hope he's O.K.

Chris.....From OZ.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:02 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Port Windows

Chris, it has been a few months since I last heard from Marco. He was okay, and busy with the family. Since you mentioned the sequential tail lights, as a reminder, that information is posted in the TRL. Here is the link to it.

http://www.squarebirds.org/sequential.htm

Also, the link to Web Electric Products is posted right below it. I think, the sequential unit you would need is the STS-1, according to Eric Jones, write up, but they can tell you for sure. You can get it with a control switch, or without one. I would think I would like to have the control switch. These sequential flashing units are still available from Web Electric Products, according to their website.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 06-15-2017, 03:25 AM
Apprentice

mh434 is on a distinguished road

A bit of early morning youtubing and I came across this 1960 with portholes. May be of use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIHDu5vMHds

Jon
1960 Hardtop T'bird
1961 Hotchkiss M201
Ex-Army Land Rover
Old 06-15-2017, 04:01 AM
Apprentice

Wyldie is on a distinguished road

No problems, I'll dig them out this weekend. Get back to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird 60 View Post
Hi Michael, yes, I would be interested. Are they new? Is it a complete set with the in between gasket. Can you send pictures, & how much are we looking at.

Thank you.....Chris
Old 06-15-2017, 04:57 AM
Super-Experienced

Thanks Jon, that's pretty well what I have in mind, with the exception of 1'' to 1 1/2'' lower.

Chris.....From OZ.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:01 AM
Super-Experienced

Thanks Michael, I'll be waiting to hear from you.

Chris.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:01 AM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Geez - I have to pay $30 US for a yearly inspection in my state - the neighboring state has no inspections - you should see some of the junk people put on the road here.

Pics are still up of this car with the porthole window - exterior only I believe so can't see if it hits any structure.

Have a look at the weight on that back wheel - must be 4 pounds !

(edit - removed pics - too big so link below - appears to be the same one as in the video)

here is the link...
http://gatewayclassiccars.com/chicag...ird-S1151.html