This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

I like using a mirror because you can see exactly how much foot pressure it takes to turn the lights off and on.

John

Thunderbird Registry #36223
jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 05-11-2017, 06:50 PM
Apprentice

Djweaz is on a distinguished road

Sorry Ray, I've just logged on. I didn't get out of bed yesterday as I was in too much pain and had to have my arm back in a sling it's strange that to some people it's seen and others aren't able to see it. I did it the same way as you showed me by using manage attachments. On the second post where there should be 2 I did one from attach and the other from manage attachments my number is615-861-0946 you can give me a call when you are able to I'm in the garage messing with the lights or getting ready to rather

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
Rob, I have not been able to talk with Dave to see if he is actually seeing your graphics. I am not, nor is Eric ~ DKheld, or Steve ~ Yadkin. If you can shoot me your phone number, I can call you and walk you through this. Or you can call me at my number, 210-674-5781. I will be here for a little bit longer, but have to make a short trip out shortly.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:53 PM
Apprentice

Hey John, I'm going to try something different today going to close my garage door down to see just how well that works. My wife bought me a scweegy or how ever they are spelled. It's adjustable so I can fit it right in and tighten it to the length it needs to be at and put the scweegy part on the pedal. Works really well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopizz View Post
I like using a mirror because you can see exactly how much foot pressure it takes to turn the lights off and on.

John
Old 05-11-2017, 06:55 PM
Apprentice

That's also a good way you have to think outside the box when it comes to stuff like this and you are the only person around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
I use an appropriate length of 2"X1" timber wedged between the brake pedal and the front of the drivers seat.
I have an electric seat so once I have the wood in place I can push the button to move the seat forward enough to make the brake lights come on.
That way there's no twisting around, putting mirrors in place etc plus you can see if ALL the bulbs are working.

NB:
I padded the end of the wood with a folded rag taped onto the wood to minimise any chance of damaging the seat.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:58 PM
Apprentice

That is a good one Ray because when I did it both ways I saw the attach and the number of the picture file I actually went to my computer to do it and uploaded it from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
I tried four different browsers and his graphic would not come up on any one of them. Apparently, he is using the [ATTACH] and a graphic id number statement in the text (I took it out and replaced the graphic from the Manage Attachments feature below the text box) and that is causing the problem it seems. Dave sent me the graphic file and once I added it from the Paid Members Additional Options section, Manage Attachments and uploaded it, it came up for me. After I took out the [ATTACH] statement..
Old 05-11-2017, 07:04 PM
Apprentice

Ickaber and DK are you able to see them from the original post and the second post that I put both into one post? Also I did find an actual question in this. In the diagram the wiring for the drivers side lights they have a color that each wire is to be but there looks to be an arrow beside it I'm not quite sure if it is or not. If it does have an arrow the second wire would be the Green W/ orange tracer and the first wire doesn't have a wire color. And that won't work that way
Old 05-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djweaz View Post
...In the diagram the wiring for the drivers side lights they have a color that each wire is to be but there looks to be an arrow beside it I'm not quite sure if it is or not. If it does have an arrow the second wire would be the Green W/ orange tracer and the first wire doesn't have a wire color. And that won't work that way
Does your car have backup lights? Some Squarebirds came without backup lights.

If you follow the first wire, the one with no color, you will discover it feeds the backup lights

The diagram shows, Green-Orange feeds the Left Hand stop/turn signal lamp. Also notice, there is a bullet connector shown for that wire at the LH lamp.

Wire colors can be read in two ways. Green-Orange can mean the wire is green with an orange trace OR the wire can be solid green with an orange connector. Pay close attention to the connector colors and this scheme will start to make sense to you. Post pictures, and let's see what you have. - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 05-11-2017, 09:02 PM
Apprentice

Ickaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djweaz View Post
Ickaber and DK are you able to see them from the original post and the second post that I put both into one post?
I was able to see all three yesterday before the change. I'm using Chrome.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:14 PM
Banned

Yadkin is on a distinguished road

I see the OP graphic now, and I'm using Chrome.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:25 PM
Apprentice

Thanks I will try this when I get home. I had all 4 tail lights as of when I left and started out having the far left light with a turn signal and the passenger inner with a turn signal I was able to get them fed so that now it's on both far side lights. I don't know if all 4 are supposed to light or not, also I do have one reverse light that is hooked up the drivers side only has the wires for it. While I'm out I'm going to hit the parts store and see if I can find one. For the drivers side. As of now I put that wire out of the way for now so that I can worry about it later. In doing the switching of the wires some times I get a super bright light and I unplug it because something is wrong with it or maybe it is plugged in as a brake light. Because as of. Ow I have no brakes. The last time I worked with it a couple of days ago I had one brake light and it was center drivers side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyconnected View Post
Does your car have backup lights? Some Squarebirds came without backup lights.

If you follow the first wire, the one with no color, you will discover it feeds the backup lights

The diagram shows, Green-Orange feeds the Left Hand stop/turn signal lamp. Also notice, there is a bullet connector shown for that wire at the LH lamp.

Wire colors can be read in two ways. Green-Orange can mean the wire is green with an orange trace OR the wire can be solid green with an orange connector. Pay close attention to the connector colors and this scheme will start to make sense to you. Post pictures, and let's see what you have. - Dave