This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:24 AM
Apprentice

Djweaz is on a distinguished road
Default tail light wiring

here is a fun one. I have this diagram for hooking up my tail, brake & signals. would be great if thw wires had not been painted on or just where genurally discolored anybody have a different diagram? though it would still probably be of no use lol. feel like Im cracking a safe. one time i had all four lit with headlights on even got one brake light (drivers side inner) then my battery died because you have to have the lights on to test them. checking brake lights are a bear by yourself so i think I am goint to bting a mirror out behind the car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18358738_10212771092296732_5150170160380345286_o.jpg (40.8 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by YellowRose : 05-10-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:10 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

I'm looking for a question, Rob. I see three identical wiring diagrams but no real question. Wiring in the trunk normally holds its color because it is not exposed to sunlight or engine heat.

I'd like to help but I don't know what you need.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 05-10-2017, 02:45 PM
Apprentice

Djweaz is on a distinguished road

So you are seeing the graphics? Some people say they aren't seeing it. Not really a question just a frustration. I've been trying to clean them off a little to see what color they once were. Looks like they got painted in the respray because they are white.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:58 PM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

I've been there before with the painted wires. Some lacquer thinner will take it right off. A mirror behind your car is a must when troubleshooting brake light problems.

John

Thunderbird Registry #36223
jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 05-10-2017, 03:01 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road

Rob, I have not been able to talk with Dave to see if he is actually seeing your graphics. I am not, nor is Eric ~ DKheld, or Steve ~ Yadkin. If you can shoot me your phone number, I can call you and walk you through this. Or you can call me at my number, 210-674-5781. I will be here for a little bit longer, but have to make a short trip out shortly.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
Old 05-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Apprentice

Ickaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
Rob, I have not been able to talk with Dave to see if he is actually seeing your graphics.
If the "graphics" are the wiring diagrams, Dave mentioned in his post that he sees them. I am also able to see them.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Maybe it's a Mozilla thing (problem) that's the browser I'm using rather than Internet Explorer etc. Shows that it should be a jpeg (.jpg). Usually don't have any trouble seeing those.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road

I tried four different browsers and his graphic would not come up on any one of them. Apparently, he is using the [ATTACH] and a graphic id number statement in the text (I took it out and replaced the graphic from the Manage Attachments feature below the text box) and that is causing the problem it seems. Dave sent me the graphic file and once I added it from the Paid Members Additional Options section, Manage Attachments and uploaded it, it came up for me. After I took out the [ATTACH] statement..

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
Old 05-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Yep - see it now.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:27 PM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopizz View Post
I've been there before with the painted wires. Some lacquer thinner will take it right off. A mirror behind your car is a must when troubleshooting brake light problems.

John
I use an appropriate length of 2"X1" timber wedged between the brake pedal and the front of the drivers seat.
I have an electric seat so once I have the wood in place I can push the button to move the seat forward enough to make the brake lights come on.
That way there's no twisting around, putting mirrors in place etc plus you can see if ALL the bulbs are working.

NB:
I padded the end of the wood with a folded rag taped onto the wood to minimise any chance of damaging the seat.