This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:44 PM
Apprentice

Thunderherd is on a distinguished road
Default TULSA area ?

Is there anybody in the Tulsa, OK. area with a square bird? I'm here for a few days over Thanksgiving Holiday and need to look at something. Need to buy some stuff and I need to look at the rear deck, and measure it to. I can buy it now and take it back with me saving shipping cost. Other wise, need to wait till I get home to look at mine. Thanks
Old 11-22-2016, 11:13 PM
Experienced

olevet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderherd View Post
Is there anybody in the Tulsa, OK. area with a square bird? I'm here for a few days over Thanksgiving Holiday and need to look at something. Need to buy some stuff and I need to look at the rear deck, and measure it to. I can buy it now and take it back with me saving shipping cost. Other wise, need to wait till I get home to look at mine. Thanks
I live about 2 hours south an have a few parts cars as well as one complete 60 and the 60 Im trying to restore
Come on
Old 11-23-2016, 02:03 PM
Apprentice

Olivet. Sounds good. You gonna be around Friday? I'll get up early and run down there. I'll pm you my number. PM me yours and I'll call when I get there. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:36 AM
Experienced

Thunderherd, It was great meeting you. Hope you got all the info you needed and those parts work well.
He showed up just as Grandsons and I were dropping the engine and Trans back in my 60 . Had fun talking Old cars
Old 11-27-2016, 09:14 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Guys that is cool that the two of you got to meet and talk about your classics.
That's why I always say this is the best TBird site on the planet
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023
Old 11-28-2016, 08:49 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Leavens View Post
Guys that is cool that the two of you got to meet and talk about your classics.
That's why I always say this is the best TBird site on the planet
It was great, he looked at the 2 parts cars i have and got a few small parts , Hope he had a safe trip back to Kentucky
Old 12-01-2016, 09:46 PM
Apprentice

Hey, here I am. Yes, it was a treat to meet olevet and his grandsons. He was working hard, lol. Operating the engine hoist while the grand kids did the work. Hahaha. Really, though, he seemed to be teaching them right. Gave them suggestions on what to do, and kind of let them try their way. If that didn't work, another suggestion. Way to go grandpa.
Yep, picked up a few small pieces while I was there. Thank you again. The red bird you're working on is gonna be sharp. We need pictures when you get her together. If you're ever back my way, give me a call. This goes for anybody here on the forum.
While I was in Oklahoma, picked up a few more parts to. Got a rear end stump with the gearing I want to try. 2:75 to 1 ratio. Came out of a 1968 Couger. He also gave me the backing plates with all the hardware and brake shoes on them. These are wide shoes, and drums. I'm gonna try them and see if they fit. This will give me the self adjusters in the rear. And the drums look pretty good and look like they have been turned recently.