This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Experienced

Frango100 is on a distinguished road
Default Edelbrock 1405 secundary adjustment

I bought a repair kit for the Edelbrock 1405 on my Bird. Put the new parts/seals in there, and at the end they tell to check the secundary throttle valve adjustment. The secundaries should start to open when the primary is 13/32" open (10 mm). The secundaries already started to open at 6/32", so made the adjustment to the input rod. Now when i put the accelerator to the floor, the secundaries won´t open even a bit. I have a non standard (but old looking) and partly home made accelerator mechanism, which most probably is the problem. I related some time ago already a too high pedal force needed.
Does someone has a picture(s) of the complete accelerator mechanism, to see which part(s) i´m missing? I will see if Carl has the missing parts.
Thunderbird registry #61670
Old 02-27-2017, 04:35 PM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

This is a 352 with a Holley 80457 / 4160 carb and original linkage.

Hope it helps.

Eric

Old 02-27-2017, 04:51 PM
Experienced

Thanks for the pictures Eric. Is there just a solid rod going down to the pedal, or did i see somewhere a type of a quadrant half way down?
Old 02-27-2017, 05:07 PM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frango100 View Post
I bought a repair kit for the Edelbrock 1405 on my Bird. Put the new parts/seals in there, and at the end they tell to check the secundary throttle valve adjustment. The secundaries should start to open when the primary is 13/32" open (10 mm). The secundaries already started to open at 6/32", so made the adjustment to the input rod. Now when i put the accelerator to the floor, the secundaries won´t open even a bit. I have a non standard (but old looking) and partly home made accelerator mechanism, which most probably is the problem. I related some time ago already a too high pedal force needed.
Does someone has a picture(s) of the complete accelerator mechanism, to see which part(s) i´m missing? I will see if Carl has the missing parts.

If it's anything like a vacuum secondary Holley the secondary won't open just by cranking on the throttle if the motor is not running AND under load.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:16 PM
Experienced

sidewalkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frango100 View Post
Thanks for the pictures Eric. Is there just a solid rod going down to the pedal, or did i see somewhere a type of a quadrant half way down?
There are 3 adjustments, throttle rod, pedal linkage and transmission linkage.
Red Leather Interior!
www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
Thunderbird Registry #61266
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm
Old 02-27-2017, 05:31 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumdog View Post

If it's anything like a vacuum secondary Holley the secondary won't open just by cranking on the throttle if the motor is not running AND under load.
The secondaries on the edelbrock 1405 are mechanically connected to the primaries. Above the secondaries throttle blades there are air valves, which only open when there is air flow. But the secondaries should open normally and the linkage can be seen from the outside.