This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:39 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Thunderbird Concepts~New Advertiser!

For those of you who are 2002-2005 Retrobird owners, we have some great news for you! Thunderbird Concepts has just joined the Forum as a Paid Member AND they will be providing a 5% discount to Squarebirds users when you order from them. They sell Thunderbird Retrobird parts ONLY, but they have a lot of parts available to them. Check out the Advertisements Forum for their discount code and contact information.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 06-28-2016, 03:51 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default How Thunderbird Concepts Came To Be

Aaron Scott and I have continued a correspondence regarding the Retrobird. Here is his explanation on how Thunderbird Concepts, dedicated to the 2002-2005 Retrobird came to be...

Have you ever wondered how we got started with Thunderbird Concepts? I bring this up because I always wonder how people get started with their unique business. I don't want to bore you with the long story, so I decided to keep the story of how Thunderbird Concepts started short and sweet.

Our obsession and craze with the "retro bird" started in 2001 when we saw the 2002 Ford Thunderbird prototype at the International Auto Show in Las Vegas. This new Thunderbird was really quite revolutionary at this time because it was the start of a new fad in car design. Everybody jumped on the retro-redesign car design thing. I thought that Ford really nailed it with this "retro reissue redesign". It was a mirror reflection of the best Tbirds... the 1955-57's! (in my opinion... although the 62 was really nice too) I just could not stop looking at the new Tbird.... I probably looked at it for a good 4 hours... no kidding. I knew right then that I needed to get the new Ford Thunderbird.

My partners and I decided to pre-order the new Tbird in 2001 at about $20,000 over sticker price. (not the best move at the time, you could say. But it was worth it to us)

I then decided on duplicating the "Roadster Tonneau" that you saw on the 1962 Ford Thunderbird. This was a huge project that took a lot of time, money, and energy. So, to make a long story short.... a year later we had the fully functional two-piece roadster tonneau that required no modification to the Tbird. We have been selling them all along and have continually added new and exciting products to our product line over the years to form what Thunderbird Concepts is today. Have you ever heard the expression; "do what you love and you will never work a day in your life". Ok, I'm not going to lie and say it's not work, but it sure is a fun job that we enjoy doing on a daily basis. We wouldn't have it any other way.

Tbird owners are always positive because the Tbird is their pride and joy. We get to talk with Tbird owners every day about how fun and exciting it is to cruise around, modify, and play with their Tbird. That's why it is a fun and positive "job" for us here at Thunderbird Concepts. We look forward to many more years of adding new and exciting accessories... and stories to our website. Thanks for listening to the story of our humble beginnings. I hope you enjoyed it.

To read more on the Roadster Tonneau Concept, go here: http://thunderbirdconcepts.com/the-2...oncept-design/ and here also. http://thunderbirdconcepts.com/tbird...dboot-tonneau/

Happy Tbirding,
Aaron Scott
Owner and Founder

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm