This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:37 PM
Experienced

Wudro is on a distinguished road

I wish I knew what you were talking about because it sure sounds like you're having a good time doin it!
Old 01-25-2016, 06:17 AM
Super-Experienced

bird 60 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Sooooo, looks like you're marrying a '59 with your '60. What's it going to be a '59 + 1/2. Best of luck with the resto.

Chris......From OZ.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:14 AM
Experienced

Randy is on a distinguished road

Hi Chris
I didn't plan it that way. first bird is in need of a few parts and the list kept getting longer. and $$ I don't have, I first went up there to get passenger window! So now I have a 60 with papers,
and license tags, 59 with all the parts I deed and a lot more! All in two months,
Hi Wudro
I wish I knew Too?
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=60747
!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!
Old 01-25-2016, 11:34 AM
Experienced

Wudro is on a distinguished road

I guess you're like me, know just enough to get myself in trouble! Good luck, keep up the progress and keep us posted.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:07 AM
Experienced

Default Parts Bird

Got down the mountain and through the woods, went fairly good. Jim's wife said he don't drive very well any more, and that I should drive, I'm a believer!!. I drove back....
On the way down, Jim had to lock em' up once and hard, the bird was sliding over the yellow line as we're trying to make a right at a tee intersection that we should have just went past and turned around! the poor guy at that stop sign was sure looking like he was a goner!! Jim is almost flying past the turn, he slams on the brakes- I'm pressed hard against the shoulder harness desperately trying to see what was happening with the bird!! I turn my head to look in the mirror to see where is the guy who's been riding our butt all the way down the hill. That guy was on the brake and thinking of going around us towards the left! its a good thing he didn't- because that lane was full with a truck that didn't have time to brake poor truck had two wheels in the dirt went he went by, car in rear was crap'in
his pants, I don't know how we made it!!
Old 01-26-2016, 10:39 AM
Experienced

Default some pictures

my new parts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23987606804_8d942838cb_z.jpg (118.0 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg 23987609024_bd5bbaed00_z.jpg (62.6 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg 24533522731_58d74f252a_z.jpg (143.1 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg 24491507691_cceb6f82fb_z.jpg (41.5 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg 23943591704_76d7445872_z.jpg (103.2 KB, 183 views)
Old 02-09-2016, 12:13 AM
Experienced

Ok Squarebirds I have been a little over whelm with my new project. Had some time this weekend still have the electric gremlin, but hey the dome light works. So I put on some new parts, fuel pump, spark plugs, plugs wires they snap like twigs.
and Oil it was black, oil filter the rest of my time on the filter.
I search for answers, I tried what I could I bent the first oil wrench its not even thinking about moving, its not up very high
it was on cinder blocks and some 2x4s but didn't feel to safe and bought some jacks a long with a bunch of tools from harbor freight. My lovely bride would not think highly of me if I was a
Darwin award recipient.
back to oil filter, pushed pulled beat it from top to bottom, My bad shoulder is killing me! Do the screwdriver trick, what's that?
Oil everywhere yep you have to. No I'm trying more stuff..that don't work, go in town talk to mechanics yep did that that to its all squished up. No not the screwdriver again, back home hit from top with 2x4 and hammer i can see 1/4 in. of outside no help, so driver trick how to prepare for big mess, !! WD40 let it sit tell tomorrow.
I don't Know why I'm thinking its going to move.and try as do it don't. one more I go Borrow a
big pipe wrench took a little doing but its off. Yeah oils not all over the place. funny thing after broken from seal hard turning
for a good turn or so. that thing was stuck on, screwdriver just
rip it in half oil all over me and still top left stuck up there.
they say it works, glad I did have to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24791144662_bcf439e3a6_o.jpg (115.7 KB, 166 views)
Old 02-09-2016, 12:41 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Randy, the oil filter bracket comes off with four bolts. That drops the filter in your lap so have a catch-tray underneath.

Drain as much oil as you can, then put the bracket (with the filter) in a vise.

That thick rubber gasket is the culprit. It fused and hardened. Use a propane torch to melt the gasket and the filter will spin off using your hands and a rag.

There is no need to mangle or gack-up parts. For the price of a paper gasket this job should take no more than 1/2 hour and removal should be easy.

I had the same deal with front 'A' arm urethane bushings. Adding a little heat, the old ones came right out, no problem. Alright, that was a lie. After the urethane burned out sending black smoke signals for a radius of two houses, the inner sleeve slid right out. I used a hammer and pipe nipple to pound out the outer shell.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 02-09-2016, 05:21 PM

Ron of Chicago is on a distinguished road

Randy, it sounds like you are having a good time saving that bird. Good for you.

Old cars can be a real learning experience for sure. Never say die. Keep on keeping on.

I've been working on old cars solid for the last 18 years and I always love it when I can learn something new.

Keep up the good work.

Ron of Chicago, now of Florida.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:11 AM
Experienced

Default the Bird singing

https://youtu.be/6DX648nEGzc

https://youtu.be/Cw-VJjIQNyY