This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:33 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Order 2016 Squarebirds Calendar!

This year, for the first time and into the future, the calendar is being printed by Cafe Press for us. driller, our Server Administrator, who also is in charge of the Lincolns Of Distinction Forum, told me they had been using Cafe Press for some years in producing their calendar each year. So I contacted them, did a test run last year with the 2015 calendar to see how it was going to work. It works pretty well once you learn to use their system. So I processed the 2016 Squarebirds Calendar through their system, and with their help, got it set up for printing. I received my test calendar today and I think it looks great! So I am putting it into production.

Here are some changes. No longer will you order through me. No longer will I have to mail these to you, and handle all the financial details of the orders, who paid, who I shipped to, etc.. This will all be handled directly by Cafe Press. No longer will I have to pay out of my pocket to buy mailers and to get calendars out... This year the calendar is being printed on heavy 100lb card stock.

The cost of the calendar this year is $15 each, instead of $22. I was able to get a $7 reduction in price per calendar this year. However, YOU will have to pay for mailing instead of me. USA mailing is $6.49 per calendar for 7-8 day delivery. More if you want it faster. For those of you overseas, it will be $15 per calendar, plus whatever the mailing fee will be. You will find that out when you order. In some States there is tax that might have to be paid also.

Here is how you order. Bring up my 2016 Squarebirds Calendar by clicking on this link.

http://www.cafepress.com/squarebirdscalendar.1666254401

The product number you should see is 030-1666254401. Be sure you change the Starting Month to January 2016. After December 31st, it should change automatically to January 2016. Type in the number of calendars you want to order in the Qty box. Then click on Add To Cart and it will take you to the Payment section. Payment options: PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Visa Check Card, MasterMoney Card.

Should you have any problems ordering, please let me know. I have reviewed the 2016 Squarebirds Calendar I received a few hours ago and I am very pleased with it and I hope you will be also. Doing this through Cafe Press is going to take a lot of extra work off me, and I need that! Once you receive your copy(s), please let me know what you think of the calendar. I had posted here not to ask me whose Tbird was selected, but I forgot that you can look and see whose made it. lmbo... So now you know!

Finally, I would like to thank our intrepid webmaster, Dave Dare ~ simplyconnected, for teaching me more about how to use Photoshop to produce the calendars. He also came up with the really nice logo! There isn't anything he can't do...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 11-05-2015 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Additional comment
Old 10-28-2015, 05:10 PM

A word of caution to you when ordering the Calendar... Make darned sure that you have selected JANUARY 2016 BEFORE you look at the pictures. If you look at the pictures without doing that, you will see them starting with October-September. Then, if you forget to select January 2016, you will be ordering a calendar starting with October 2015-September. Which is exactly what one person apparently did. They are contacting that person to get that corrected. They will probably have to cancel that order, while on the phone with them, and confirm that they want January 2016-December 2016. Then re-submit their order for them. So make certain that you have selected January 2016 as the option. Once we get into January 2016, it is my understand that will be the default setting when buying a calendar.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 10-29-2015, 09:28 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Ray just went online to Café Express and ordered 2 2016 calendars and took about 2 minutes to complete.
Pretty slick and if I can do it well then most can

Thanks for setting this up and for those of you that haven't ordered our Squarebird calendars before they are great for gifts / send to families when you classic is in it and also for your offices / home
58HT #33317
Old 10-30-2015, 06:42 PM

It looks like Cafe Press MAY have a slight glitch in their giddy-up! One of our guys order receipt said that he had ordered the October 2015 calendar. He said he knew darned well that he did NOT, and ordered the January 2016 calendar. But the receipt said otherwise. So I called them when I got his email and they are looking into this glitch in their system. I had them check every cotton picking order so far (for 30 calendars) and every one ordered January 2016 calendars, including his. IF you order and your receipt says October, or November, or December or any other 2015 month, shoot me an email and I can call them and have them check the order. So far there has only been one order that was wrong and that was entered incorrectly, but has since been fixed. So check what your receipt says when you order and let me know if you see a problem.

I can tell you that orders for Jim Elijah, Jed Zimmerman, and Ryan Underwood have been completed. When my records show it has been completed, they told me that also means it has been mailed. So in a week or so, ya'll should be seeing yours in the mail. The others are in the process of being printed and mailed.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 10-30-2015, 09:30 PM
Experienced

Wudro is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ray! I can't wait to hang it in the shop. I purposely didn't look at the featured cars so I can be surprised and inspired every month when I flip the page. I'm excited to see the chosen Birds and Congratulations to those who made the cut!
Old 11-04-2015, 10:13 PM

Last year, as I recall, there were 43 Calendars sold over about a 3 month or so period. So far this year, in just 10 days, 14 people bought 41 Calendars! All but two orders have been shipped and some have received theirs already. The other two orders are in production, being printed and then will be mailed. Thanks for the orders, guys & gals! This is pretty amazing. As you receive your orders, please let me know what you think of them so I will know what I might have to adjust next year, since this is my first time to do them through Cafe Press. I do know that I need to drop the Squarebirds logo just slightly because the "i" in Squarebirds is being clipped slightly by the hole punch for hanging. I also know that I need to move up the bottom line of text slightly, where possible, to get it a bit further up from the spiral binder hole punching. I hope that ya'll will be pleased with the results this year again. I am pleased that I have not had to do all the work of taking orders, buying mailers, addressing and mailing them out!

I have been asked if a Guest of the Forum can order these calendars. The answer to that is that anyone who wants to order a calendar from Cafe Press is free to do so. It makes good advertising sense for a non-forum member to buy one if they wish to. That is a good way to advertise our fantastic Forum!

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Last edited by YellowRose : 11-04-2015 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Additional comments
Old 11-06-2015, 04:42 PM

I have been a bit concerned regarding the 2016 Squarebirds Calendar run by Cafe Press. I have had a couple of emails telling me that there is a problem with their calendar. One was that it started with December 2015, and ended with November 2016. Even though the person who bought that calendar DID select January 2016. Another was that it had the pictures for the months of May and June switched. After contacting Cafe Press, I was told that if any of you find problems with your calendar similar to that, contact them at 877-809-1659, Option 6, give them your Order #, and explain the problem with your calendar. They will fix the problem, run another one, and mail it to you at no additional charge. There is nothing I can do on this end. Doing the calendar this way is one thing that I have lost, and that is the ability to check each page of each calendar when it comes off the printing press.

I just got an email from one of our guys who ordered 11 calendars and every one of them was correct, he said. He also complemented me on the quality of it. I much appreciate that and was relieved to know there was nothing wrong with that big calendar run for him. I also just received another test calendar that I had them run for me and it is correct! I noticed that they have moved their hole punch for hanging up towards the top of the picture, which is good.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 11-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Experienced

Dutchbird is on a distinguished road

Give it a try through them this year than, thanks for your efforts Ray!
Old 11-08-2015, 07:05 PM

Hi Marco! It is great to see you on the Forum again! I hope that you and your family are doing well, as I am here!

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 11-08-2015, 07:54 PM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Marco as Ray said great to see you back
58HT #33317