This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Apprentice

kimmc is on a distinguished road
Default Ruby is ready for the road...

Well, it's true. After restoration & and updating systems on a '59 convertible I bought 3 years ago this month for my wife, it's been tested and is road ready. Today was my deadline (I finished yesterday). Our grand-daughters arrive Wed. and my wife wants to drive them to the A&W cruise night on Thursday. A few things remain to be done but those can wait until winter; she is going to drive it now. Here are some particulars: rebuilt front suspension with Granada-type front spindles, 4 wheel disc brakes, rebuilt trans and differential, lots of body work, new paint (not TBird), 360 Ford engine with Edelbrock Performer intake, Holly 4 bbl, mild cam, Classic Air A/C, vintage Centerline 15" wheels, and new soft top of course. All along this 3 year adventure (my first complete restoration) I had lots of help from many Squarebird members. Here is the list (not in any particular order): John Pizzi, Nyles, Dave Dare, Carl Heller, Ray C., RustyNCa, Restifier52, C4CLewis, arizona jack, dakota boy, joe johnston, dan levens, neil, sidewalk man, ford351c594, sherman, howard prout, richard honeycutt, yadkin, dk held, todd gilroy, steven kraemer, fuzz, anders, harry lepargneux. Thanks to you all for your help along the way. I hope to meet some of you someday. And, I will continue to be a Squarebird member. See you on the road; I'll be in the passenger seat!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg finish 1.jpg (125.9 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg finish 2.jpg (109.0 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg finish 3.jpg (116.0 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg finish 6.jpg (112.5 KB, 125 views)
Old 08-02-2016, 03:29 PM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

Kim,

Great to see it finally finished. I envy your wife. She has a beautiful '59 convertible to show off. Hopefully she lets you drive it once in awhile. I'm glad that I was able to help you out a little bit. Good luck with it.

John

Thunderbird Registry #36223
jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 08-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Experienced

sidewalkman is on a distinguished road

Congratulations, she is beautiful.
Red Leather Interior!
www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
Thunderbird Registry #61266
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm
Old 08-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road

Kim, she is beautiful! Just Gorgeous! I see you went the Classic Auto Air "Perfect Fit" AC kit route. How did that work for you? I have been working with Steve down in the Dominican Republic and Classic Auto Air as Steve is about to have the '66 version of that kit installed in his non-AC Flairbird in another week or so. Was there anything he should be aware of? His install will be a little different than yours because of it being a '66. Thanks for the kudu's to all of those who helped you. That is what this Forum is all about, fellow Tbirders helping fellow Tbirders get their Birds back on the road again to enjoy! I know you wife is going to have a blast driving friends and family around.

I am always looking for red Tbirds for the calendar. So if you have not had yours featured in the Squarebirds Calendar, please consider submitting it for consideration for the 2017 Calendar. The information on camera settings and posing her for calendar pix is in the Anything Goes Forum. I would be honored to consider her.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
Old 08-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Super-Experienced

Tbird1044 is on a distinguished road

Nice job Kim, and I bet it was hardly any work at all? LOL Been working on mine for the last 3 years and keep getting close, although I owned the car for more than 30 years.
Glad to hear you'll be staying a Squarebird Member. Maybe one day we will get to meet. I've met quite a few Squarebird members and enjoyed each and every one.
Nyles
Old 08-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Experienced

Ford351c594 is on a distinguished road

beautiful!!!! I'm....red.... with envy???
Old 08-02-2016, 11:26 PM
Experienced

Randy is on a distinguished road

Awe-inspiring yes indeedy!!
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=60747
!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!
Old 08-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Kim she certainly is a beauty I am sure that your wife will enjoy the cruising with the granddaughters and perhaps your self. Good stuff.
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023
Old 08-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Experienced

OX1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
I see you went the Classic Auto Air "Perfect Fit" AC kit route. How did that work for you?
Curious about using the stock center vent and lower edge vents. That was my plan and CAA said they could make that work, but just curious if you have details or pics on how that went together.

I was also curious if AC goes to defroster vents in any way?
Old 08-03-2016, 11:20 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road

Henry, I just talked with my contact at CAA and here is what he said. IF the car had the OEM AC unit in it, and they are replacing it with their "Perfect Fit" unit, they will use the center AC vent above the radio and NOT send out the lower vents with their "Perfect Fit" kit. Their kit also hooks up to the defroster vents to give you heat and air through them. If your Squarebird does NOT have OEM AC on it, they will send you the lower vents to be installed since there is no center AC vent. Again, they will hook up to the defroster so that you will have heat and air through them. You can go to the CAA website and download the appropriate installation instructions for your year of Tbird to look through them to see what all they do to install their system.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411